9CJS in Enhanced SATA Mode with SATA to IDE converter

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I'm trying to use my 9CJS (latest BIOS) in Enhanced SATA Mode with an
Abit "Serillel2" SATA to IDE converter.

When the BIOS detects the SATA drives, it shows gobbledygook where I
would expect the name of the drive. Windows XP then hangs.

Is there some setting I'm missing?

Has anyone got a SATA to IDE converter to work with this board?

--
Nigel Mercier

In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech, Nigel M wrote:

>Is there some setting I'm missing?

Ignore me, bent pin on the drive ;-(

--
Nigel Mercier

Lazarus

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Glad to hear you are up and running. Never delved into the world of sata yet
so cant help there I`m afraid!

Have you loaded the stuff from the cd......maybe you need to before the bios
recognises them properly.....shooting in the dark here.

The hard drive manu. website? May have info?