Digital Camera Installation Failure

I have a RICOH RDC600 Digital camera. I bought it second
hand from Dixons about 3 years ago. It has
worked without a problem during this time, apart from
having a new cable about 6months ago.
I have a PC with Win XP and a laptop with Win XP. The
camera worked well on both of them. I also
have a LEXMARK X75 three in one Printer/Scanner.

Earlier this week I installed Microsoft Windows Service
Pack 2. Since this time the camera will not
work on either computer. Each time I have an Operation
Error message Cannot connect to the camera,
please check the connection.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the software many times,
including uninstalling my Lexmarh 75 and
Root Hub. Each time I reinstall the camera the `Device
Manager` shows that it is ready for use.

I have tried the USB connection on the main computer and
through a hub - to no avail.

It does not show the camera icon in `my computer` despite
`device manager` showing it as correctly
installed.

Also it does not show in `Imaging` in `Device Manager`.
1 answer Last reply
More about digital camera installation failure

    Check with RICOH for an updated driver, or to see if there are known
    compatibility problems with this product & SP2.

    Gwyn wrote:
    > I have a RICOH RDC600 Digital camera. I bought it second
    > hand from Dixons about 3 years ago. It has
    > worked without a problem during this time, apart from
    > having a new cable about 6months ago.
    > I have a PC with Win XP and a laptop with Win XP. The
    > camera worked well on both of them. I also
    > have a LEXMARK X75 three in one Printer/Scanner.
    >
    > Earlier this week I installed Microsoft Windows Service
    > Pack 2. Since this time the camera will not
    > work on either computer. Each time I have an Operation
    > Error message Cannot connect to the camera,
    > please check the connection.
    >
    > I have uninstalled/reinstalled the software many times,
    > including uninstalling my Lexmarh 75 and
    > Root Hub. Each time I reinstall the camera the `Device
    > Manager` shows that it is ready for use.
    >
    > I have tried the USB connection on the main computer and
    > through a hub - to no avail.
    >
    > It does not show the camera icon in `my computer` despite
    > `device manager` showing it as correctly
    > installed.
    >
    > Also it does not show in `Imaging` in `Device Manager`.

Cameras Windows XP