frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When the first person logs on to XP home, all works well,
however with any second logon or more, there is no access
to either of the 2 CD/DVD drives. If the first logon
disconnects, access to the drives will go to the second
person. Why can't all multiple logon users access the
drives? I hope its just a setting to change! Please assist

Try removing the IDE controller from device manager (choose NOT to restart
before you've done them all). Then restart your machine. After you log back
in (an admin account), leve the machine for a minute - it will re-detect the
controller sand everything connected to them (HDD/CDROMs etc).

Then give it a test.

hope it helps