7NJL6 problems with large harddisk

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Has anyone tried to use a 80 Gb or larger harddisk with the 7NJL6
motherboard? When I connect my IDE 80 Gb harddisk it seems impossible to
install Windows XP Professional. The same goes for a 200 Gb harddisk. The
first part of the installation gives no problems, but after rebooting the
computer stops saying there's a disk error. However, when I connect both
harddisks to an Asus P4P800 SE or Gigabyte Titan-series motherboard, there
are no problems so I assume both harddisks are not faulty. Both harddisks
are from WD.
My 10 Gb and 20 Gb harddisks (also from WD) both work very well.

D. Reisner wrote:
> Has anyone tried to use a 80 Gb or larger harddisk with the 7NJL6
> motherboard? When I connect my IDE 80 Gb harddisk it seems impossible
> to install Windows XP Professional. The same goes for a 200 Gb
> harddisk. The first part of the installation gives no problems, but
> after rebooting the computer stops saying there's a disk error.
> However, when I connect both harddisks to an Asus P4P800 SE or
> Gigabyte Titan-series motherboard, there are no problems so I assume
> both harddisks are not faulty. Both harddisks are from WD.
> My 10 Gb and 20 Gb harddisks (also from WD) both work very well.

Have you tried upgrading the BIOS?
http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/Download/dl_desc.asp?DCSNo=4&PISNo=277

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

"Ugly Mugly" <umugly@nospam.hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> D. Reisner wrote:
> > Has anyone tried to use a 80 Gb or larger harddisk with the 7NJL6
> > motherboard? When I connect my IDE 80 Gb harddisk it seems impossible
> > to install Windows XP Professional. The same goes for a 200 Gb
> > harddisk. The first part of the installation gives no problems, but
> > after rebooting the computer stops saying there's a disk error.
> > However, when I connect both harddisks to an Asus P4P800 SE or
> > Gigabyte Titan-series motherboard, there are no problems so I assume
> > both harddisks are not faulty. Both harddisks are from WD.
> > My 10 Gb and 20 Gb harddisks (also from WD) both work very well.
>
> Have you tried upgrading the BIOS?
> http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/Download/dl_desc.asp?DCSNo=4&PISNo=277

Yes, I have upgraded the BIOS. No result; Windows XP Pro cannot be
installed. I guess Chaintech mobo's do not have the same quality as those
made by Asus or Gigabyte.
The manual that came with the 7NJL6 was very flimsy compared to the manuals
Asus and Gigabyte include with their mobo's.

D. Reisner wrote:
> "Ugly Mugly" <umugly@nospam.hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> D. Reisner wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried to use a 80 Gb or larger harddisk with the 7NJL6
>>> motherboard? When I connect my IDE 80 Gb harddisk it seems
>>> impossible to install Windows XP Professional. The same goes for a
>>> 200 Gb harddisk. The first part of the installation gives no
>>> problems, but after rebooting the computer stops saying there's a
>>> disk error. However, when I connect both harddisks to an Asus
>>> P4P800 SE or Gigabyte Titan-series motherboard, there are no
>>> problems so I assume both harddisks are not faulty. Both harddisks
>>> are from WD.
>>> My 10 Gb and 20 Gb harddisks (also from WD) both work very well.
>>
>> Have you tried upgrading the BIOS?
>> http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/Download/dl_desc.asp?DCSNo=4&PISNo=277
>>

> Yes, I have upgraded the BIOS. No result; Windows XP Pro cannot be
> installed. I guess Chaintech mobo's do not have the same quality as
> those made by Asus or Gigabyte.
> The manual that came with the 7NJL6 was very flimsy compared to the
> manuals Asus and Gigabyte include with their mobo's.

Then maybe you could try Chaintech's techsupport form:
http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Support/HowToGetSupport.asp