cannot get my monitor to come on.....HELP!!!!

My HP monitor mx70 stopped working. If the video cable is
disconnected I can get an error message stating the video
cable is unplugged, but when I first turn my tower on
(pavilionxt973)that runs windows xp, it turns on but when
you turn the monitor power button on the led light turns
from green to amber quickly. This means it is turning
itself into hibernate mode. Can you help me? I've tried
plugging a different monitor into my tower but I have the
same problem. Please, I am desperate.... Thanks, Yvette

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Video card is a good start. Ran into a similar problem 2
days ago at work. I'd try hitting the reset buttons a
couple of times and see if that works. The power switch
may have gone bad. At least that's what it was for us.

peter

Hi,

It is possible your vedio card is losen or in the worse case "DEAD".
If it is an on-board vedio chips, either the vedio drivers is corrupted or
it is become faulty.

Peter

"Dave" wrote:

> Video card is a good start. Ran into a similar problem 2
> days ago at work. I'd try hitting the reset buttons a
> couple of times and see if that works. The power switch
> may have gone bad. At least that's what it was for us.

Hello,

Do you see anything when you connect it ? Like HP Logo or anything related
to memory,disks or configuration ? If you don't see anything probably it's
your video card... does the computer makes any beeps ?
Did you change anything in your computer like new hardware ?

You can start by trying to change videocard...

"yvette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My HP monitor mx70 stopped working. If the video cable is
> disconnected I can get an error message stating the video
> cable is unplugged, but when I first turn my tower on
> (pavilionxt973)that runs windows xp, it turns on but when
> you turn the monitor power button on the led light turns
> from green to amber quickly. This means it is turning
> itself into hibernate mode. Can you help me? I've tried
> plugging a different monitor into my tower but I have the
> same problem. Please, I am desperate.... Thanks, Yvette

Have you installed SP2? I have a friend with the exact same problem. He
installed SP2 and everything worked like a charm untill he tried to
update the display driver. when he rebooted the screen turned black and
never came on. when he uninstalled the drivers and reverted to default
display drivers it worked again but he had display corruptions with
stripes going vertically across the monitor. He has an Abit motherboard
and ATI Hercules 9500Pro 3D acc card.

Any of this sound familliar?

I'm currently working in helping him with solving the problem. I'll
post a sollution here if i can figure it out

--
chuck_113th