  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2004 2:24:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Can anyone help answer this - I have a single WD 36GB 10K SATA drive as
my OS drive. I added in two WD 7200 8MB Cache IDE drives. When I did
this the computer sits at the verifying DMI line in the bios - if I
remove the IDE drives it boots up (Possibly not enough juice from my PS
so I plan on swapping that out tonight)

The weird thing is if I turn on raid, and enable the channels for ide
only the sata drive is no longer seen, if I enable that channle for raid
it is still not seen unless I set it to spanning on the controller - but
then it will not boot. It must be able to distinguise between raid and
non raid as the ide CD roms still work fine - any thoughts?

More about : ide raid sata

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2004 3:07:29 PM

David Wilts wrote:
> Can anyone help answer this - I have a single WD 36GB 10K SATA drive as
> my OS drive. I added in two WD 7200 8MB Cache IDE drives. When I did
> this the computer sits at the verifying DMI line in the bios - if I
> remove the IDE drives it boots up (Possibly not enough juice from my PS
> so I plan on swapping that out tonight)
>
> The weird thing is if I turn on raid, and enable the channels for ide
> only the sata drive is no longer seen, if I enable that channle for raid
> it is still not seen unless I set it to spanning on the controller - but
> then it will not boot. It must be able to distinguise between raid and
> non raid as the ide CD roms still work fine - any thoughts?
OOPS - VNF3-250 is the MOBO -
!