IDE RAID and SATA ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Can anyone help answer this - I have a single WD 36GB 10K SATA drive as
my OS drive. I added in two WD 7200 8MB Cache IDE drives. When I did
this the computer sits at the verifying DMI line in the bios - if I
remove the IDE drives it boots up (Possibly not enough juice from my PS
so I plan on swapping that out tonight)

The weird thing is if I turn on raid, and enable the channels for ide
only the sata drive is no longer seen, if I enable that channle for raid
it is still not seen unless I set it to spanning on the controller - but
then it will not boot. It must be able to distinguise between raid and
non raid as the ide CD roms still work fine - any thoughts?
1 answer Last reply
More about raid sata
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

    David Wilts wrote:
    > Can anyone help answer this - I have a single WD 36GB 10K SATA drive as
    > my OS drive. I added in two WD 7200 8MB Cache IDE drives. When I did
    > this the computer sits at the verifying DMI line in the bios - if I
    > remove the IDE drives it boots up (Possibly not enough juice from my PS
    > so I plan on swapping that out tonight)
    >
    > The weird thing is if I turn on raid, and enable the channels for ide
    > only the sata drive is no longer seen, if I enable that channle for raid
    > it is still not seen unless I set it to spanning on the controller - but
    > then it will not boot. It must be able to distinguise between raid and
    > non raid as the ide CD roms still work fine - any thoughts?
    OOPS - VNF3-250 is the MOBO -

Chaintech NAS / RAID SATA Western Digital Motherboards