General power question

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2004 7:06:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I noticed an interesting oddity this morning with my 7VIF4 motherboard.
With the power off, the status lights on my keyboard remain faintly lit
(Num Lock, Caps Lock, & Scroll Lock). The illumination around the network
connector also remains lit when I turn the power off. However, if I
disconnect the power chord, they all go out. Is this supposed to occur? Is
power supposed to 'trickle' even when the computer is switched off? It
seems very strange to me.

Thanks for any help....

More about : general power question

September 15, 2004 5:38:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:06:28 -0600, "Russ M." <acid_maltxspam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I noticed an interesting oddity this morning with my 7VIF4 motherboard.
>With the power off, the status lights on my keyboard remain faintly lit
>(Num Lock, Caps Lock, & Scroll Lock). The illumination around the network
>connector also remains lit when I turn the power off. However, if I
>disconnect the power chord, they all go out. Is this supposed to occur? Is
>power supposed to 'trickle' even when the computer is switched off? It
>seems very strange to me.
>
>Thanks for any help....

Sounds normal to me.

Ed