Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I just installed Halo for PC and I'm not able to see anything after the
three intros from the makers of the game. (The screen stays black when
the chanting sound begins.)

I installed DirecX 9c from Microsoft, but it still doesn't work. Here
is my system info:

- Asus A7N8X2.0 motherboard
- AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, 1829 MHz
- RADEON 9200 with driver ati2mtag.sys, August 12, 2003
- MS 5.1.2600 SP 2.0
- RAM 1GB
- 42.9GB free space on C:

Any ideas?

- TS

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

UPDATE FROM OP

I updated my ATI drivers with the Catalyst drivers and now I can see
the game! No more blank screen!

You can get the ATI driver here:

<https://support.ati.com/ics/su pport/default.asp?deptID=894&t
ask=knowl...>

I must say, however, that ATI does a bad job of indicating which driver
to use. I was looking for something that said RADEON XP driver, or
something like that. Instead, I got the following choice:

# CATALYST 5.8 Windows XP - Driver Download

# ATI Multimedia Center 9.08

# HYDRAVISION - For RADEON and Mobile ATI Products

# CATALYST CREW Feedback

I had no idea which one to choose. I tried the first one, and it
worked. But ATI should have better instructions.

TRENDING THREADS