Help.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
February 14, 2005 12:51:04 PM

I have a laptop and a desktop, we both connect through the city of
Philadelphia free wifi. Is it possible to have remote desktop access through
the laptop? Without getting a router or anything like that. My laptop has a
netgear wireless adapter and my desktop has a dlink wireless card. Any
suggestions?

More about : question

February 14, 2005 7:15:10 PM

Hi

I do not know how the Free Connection works.

It might be possible to set a Remote Desktop Connection through the
Internet. However it will be slow Quirky and probably unsafe.

Given the Wireless Cable/DSL Routers can be found on sales for $20 it does
not make sense to do so.

Microsoft - Remote Desktop in Windows XP. -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/remotedesktop

Set Up Remote Desktop Web Connection with Windows -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp....
mspx

How to use remote Desktop Access in Windows XP -
http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprmdtp.htm

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Remote access help!" <Remote access help!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:2A7BDA79-1750-4D36-BC99-FC74EA361278@microsoft.com...