Help.

I have a laptop and a desktop, we both connect through the city of
Philadelphia free wifi. Is it possible to have remote desktop access through
the laptop? Without getting a router or anything like that. My laptop has a
netgear wireless adapter and my desktop has a dlink wireless card. Any
suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about help

    Hi

    I do not know how the Free Connection works.

    It might be possible to set a Remote Desktop Connection through the
    Internet. However it will be slow Quirky and probably unsafe.

    Given the Wireless Cable/DSL Routers can be found on sales for $20 it does
    not make sense to do so.

    Microsoft - Remote Desktop in Windows XP. -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/remotedesktop

    Set Up Remote Desktop Web Connection with Windows -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/northrup_03may16.
    mspx

    How to use remote Desktop Access in Windows XP -
    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxprmdtp.htm

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Remote access help!" <Remote access help!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:2A7BDA79-1750-4D36-BC99-FC74EA361278@microsoft.com...
    > I have a laptop and a desktop, we both connect through the city of
    > Philadelphia free wifi. Is it possible to have remote desktop access
    through
    > the laptop? Without getting a router or anything like that. My laptop
    has a
    > netgear wireless adapter and my desktop has a dlink wireless card. Any
    > suggestions?

Laptops Wireless Desktops Wireless Networking