9CJS & C3Box

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2004 1:11:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Hello!
Installed drivers I got with MoBo tripple check all the cable connections,
and still can't read smart media card.
There are two LED on front panel, are they supposed to lit (mine don't)!?
There's an jumper (JP6) mentioned in the manual, I left it in default
possition (VCC5SBY). What it is there for? Should it be set to USB5V to make
card readers work?

More about : 9cjs c3box

September 18, 2004 5:08:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Have you connected the WOL lead

AND SET WOL TO ACTIVE IN THE BIOS

when you do BOTH of these things your c box will light up like a xmas tree!

"DigiSign" <ds@carnet.hr> wrote in message
> Hello!
> Installed drivers I got with MoBo tripple check all the cable connections,
> and still can't read smart media card.
> There are two LED on front panel, are they supposed to lit (mine don't)!?
> There's an jumper (JP6) mentioned in the manual, I left it in default
> possition (VCC5SBY). What it is there for? Should it be set to USB5V to
make
> card readers work?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 20, 2004 12:14:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

OK, checked out all the things you pointed at, everything was OK. Handigator
works (red LED works) USB and audio connectors are functional but still I
can't read my SM cards.I heard some rumors thad any card reader is pain in
the ass for XP OS. Since I'm running XP Pro that may be the source of my
problems?! From Chaintech site I downloaded latest drivers for CBOX3 but in
the file there are only Win98 and Win2K folders and when I execute setup
file, my sistem says that it's an XP system wich needs no other drivers for
card reader. Still, automatic nor manual instalation don't bring the reader
in the hardware list. Any ideas?
Last week we discussed driver update for Intel RAID controller (corrupted
ZIP file on Chaintech site). Any news 'bout that? Could it be downloaded
from INTEL web site or it is written by Chaintecheers?

Thanx for all your help so far!

Davor

"Lazarus" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:cihc0i$dt8$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> Have you connected the WOL lead
>
> AND SET WOL TO ACTIVE IN THE BIOS
>
> when you do BOTH of these things your c box will light up like a xmas
tree!

> "DigiSign" <ds@carnet.hr> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> > Installed drivers I got with MoBo tripple check all the cable
connections,
> > and still can't read smart media card.
> > There are two LED on front panel, are they supposed to lit (mine
don't)!?
> > There's an jumper (JP6) mentioned in the manual, I left it in default
> > possition (VCC5SBY). What it is there for? Should it be set to USB5V to
> make
> > card readers work?

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 20, 2004 1:48:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I did report the corrupt file but so far no response!

> OK, checked out all the things you pointed at, everything was OK.
Handigator
> works (red LED works) USB and audio connectors are functional but still I
> can't read my SM cards.I heard some rumors thad any card reader is pain in
> the ass for XP OS. Since I'm running XP Pro that may be the source of my
> problems?! From Chaintech site I downloaded latest drivers for CBOX3 but
in
> the file there are only Win98 and Win2K folders and when I execute setup
> file, my sistem says that it's an XP system wich needs no other drivers
for
> card reader. Still, automatic nor manual instalation don't bring the
reader
> in the hardware list. Any ideas?
> Last week we discussed driver update for Intel RAID controller (corrupted
> ZIP file on Chaintech site). Any news 'bout that? Could it be downloaded
> from INTEL web site or it is written by Chaintecheers?
>
> Thanx for all your help so far!
>
> Davor
>
> "Lazarus" <a@b.c> wrote in message
> > Have you connected the WOL lead
> >
> > AND SET WOL TO ACTIVE IN THE BIOS
> >
> > when you do BOTH of these things your c box will light up like a xmas
> tree!
> >

> > "DigiSign" <ds@carnet.hr> wrote in message
> > > Hello!
> > > Installed drivers I got with MoBo tripple check all the cable
> connections,
> > > and still can't read smart media card.
> > > There are two LED on front panel, are they supposed to lit (mine
> don't)!?
> > > There's an jumper (JP6) mentioned in the manual, I left it in default
> > > possition (VCC5SBY). What it is there for? Should it be set to USB5V
> > make
> > > card readers work?

September 20, 2004 1:52:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

My last post is WRONG I did get a response

Dear Sir:

I shall relay that info to our webmaster. BTW which newsgroup did you
see this at? Provide a link if possible.

Yours sincerely,
Chaintech Technical Support

Chaintech Europe
Coenecoop 620
2741 PV WADDINXVEEN
THE NETHERLANDS

( Phone: +31-(0)182-623960
( Fax: +31-(0)182-623964
* E-mail: support@GHGHGHchaintech.nl <mailto:support@ASDFGchaintech.nl>
: Web: <http://www.chaintech.dk/&gt;

I`ve never actually tried the card slots as I dont even know what these
cards are! Sorry I can help.....maybe you could phone them? It would be
interesting to put them on the spot to see what they say!

> I did report the corrupt file but so far no response!
>

> "DigiSign" <ds@carnet.hr> wrote in message
> > OK, checked out all the things you pointed at, everything was OK.
> Handigator
> > works (red LED works) USB and audio connectors are functional but still
> > can't read my SM cards.I heard some rumors thad any card reader is pain
in
> > the ass for XP OS. Since I'm running XP Pro that may be the source of my
> > problems?! From Chaintech site I downloaded latest drivers for CBOX3 but
> in
> > the file there are only Win98 and Win2K folders and when I execute setup
> > file, my sistem says that it's an XP system wich needs no other drivers
> for
> > card reader. Still, automatic nor manual instalation don't bring the
> reader
> > in the hardware list. Any ideas?
> > Last week we discussed driver update for Intel RAID controller
(corrupted
> > ZIP file on Chaintech site). Any news 'bout that? Could it be downloaded
> > from INTEL web site or it is written by Chaintecheers?
> >
> > Thanx for all your help so far!
> >
> > Davor
> >
> > "Lazarus" <a@b.c> wrote in message
> > > Have you connected the WOL lead
> > >
> > > AND SET WOL TO ACTIVE IN THE BIOS
> > >
> > > when you do BOTH of these things your c box will light up like a xmas
> > tree!
> > >

> > > "DigiSign" <ds@carnet.hr> wrote in message
> > connections,
> > don't)!?
> > > make

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 21, 2004 2:46:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Hi!

Thank you really very much for all your efforts.Tryed to e-mail them for a
start!
By the way this card readers are made for reading some kind of solid state
memory used in digital cameras, produced in several formates (SmartMedia,
Compact Flash, Microdrive etc.)

!