Can't flash VNF3

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Okay,I got version 2.0 bios from Chaintech.Unzipped it and it has no extension.
Every BIOS I've seen has the .bin extension.This one doesn't. Anyway, I put it
on a floppy by itself,rebooted and hit ALT+F2 and nothing happened. It said
decompress awdflash from bios and that's it.What am I doing wrong.Thanks

Lazarus

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

You need the awdflash program on the floppy!

Boot to the a prompt and type the name of the program and it will load and
run

then give the program the name of the bios file

"YanquiDawg" <yanquidawg@aol.com> wrote in message
> Okay,I got version 2.0 bios from Chaintech.Unzipped it and it has no
extension.
> Every BIOS I've seen has the .bin extension.This one doesn't. Anyway, I
put it
> on a floppy by itself,rebooted and hit ALT+F2 and nothing happened. It
said
> decompress awdflash from bios and that's it.What am I doing wrong.Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Kinda thought that was it,but some new boards have awdflash in the bios.
BTW,what about the file name with no .bin extension.

YanquiDawg wrote:
> Kinda thought that was it,but some new boards have awdflash in the bios.
> BTW,what about the file name with no .bin extension.
>

>>You need the awdflash program on the floppy!
>>
>>Boot to the a prompt and type the name of the program and it will load and
>>run
>>
>>then give the program the name of the bios file

just type the file name with no .xxx extension - BTW I can never get the
alt f2 to work either - had to do it by floppy too.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Thanks.Did that.Now my mem speed isn't showing correctly. 333 instead of 400.
Got an e-mail from Chaintech.They said they'd fix it in the next BIOS.