Halo(PC) +Network Game+updating problem+ Halo Custom Edition

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

Hello!
I have some problems with my game Halo: Combat Evolved, I need help.

I wanted to play in Internet.
I choose Network Game -> then Internet ,and the problem is that there is
written at the bottom of that window:

" Manual Update Required! Get it from
http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp "

I go there and download file: haloupdate.exe (236.280) ! (did I choose the
wrond file to download? Isn't your haloupdate file also 236.280 bytes ?)
This file haloupdate.exe needed to be downloaded in my Halo directory (what
I did) , but when I try to run this file to update I get an error:

" There is a problem with your game instalation. You may need to reinstall
the game to fix it"

So I wonder: what kind a problem can there be?

I also downloaded Halo Custom Edition (also for multiplayer) , file:
halocesetup_en_1.00.exe (which is approximately 170 MB)
I'm asking myself if there would be any other problems when trying to
install/play Halo Custom Edition. Can you help? Did anybody have this kind
of problems like mine?
Thanx.
rrr.
2 answers Last reply
More about halo network game updating problem halo custom edition
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Uniunea Gopnicilor" <killsfinx@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    > I have some problems with my game Halo: Combat Evolved, I need help.
    >
    > I wanted to play in Internet.
    > I choose Network Game -> then Internet ,and the problem is that there is
    > written at the bottom of that window:
    >
    > " Manual Update Required! Get it from
    > http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp "
    >
    > I go there and download file: haloupdate.exe (236.280) ! (did I choose the
    > wrond file to download? Isn't your haloupdate file also 236.280 bytes ?)
    > This file haloupdate.exe needed to be downloaded in my Halo directory
    (what
    > I did) , but when I try to run this file to update I get an error:
    >
    > " There is a problem with your game instalation. You may need to reinstall
    > the game to fix it"
    >
    > So I wonder: what kind a problem can there be?
    >
    > I also downloaded Halo Custom Edition (also for multiplayer) , file:
    > halocesetup_en_1.00.exe (which is approximately 170 MB)
    > I'm asking myself if there would be any other problems when trying to
    > install/play Halo Custom Edition. Can you help? Did anybody have this kind
    > of problems like mine?
    > Thanx.
    > rrr.

    What did you download exactly? The 1.07 version only patches 1.06.

    Read carefully, you need to step throug the versions.

    HCE runs in parallel to HPC. You can download and install CE separately,
    though it will need your HPC disk and cd-key. It will also need to be
    patched, from http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/index.php?p=games&game=halo or
    similar. Then, download .map files from http://haloce.gearboxgamezone.com or
    any of a dozen other sites and extract them to the /haloce/maps directory.

    -Russ.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

    "Somebody." <somebody.@spamout.russdoucet.com> wrote:

    > What did you download exactly? The 1.07 version only patches 1.06.
    >
    > Read carefully, you need to step throug the versions.

    Now I downloaded version 1.06.
    Don't I need an older version like 1.05 to install it?
    Thanx.

    UG.

Download Games Internet Video Games