Installation of Cyrillic fonts on IPAQ H1945

July 2, 2004 8:21:27 AM

Hi,

I know how to perform that operation technically. But where would I get free
fonts and which fonts should I go for(there are so many: KOI-8,
Cyrillic(ISO), Cyrillic(Windows))???
Tin advance,
--Alex
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 11:42:12 AM

Aleksandr,

You can copy any fonts on your PC to your PocketPC. If you do a Google/MSN
search there are several sites that have free downloads of popular fonts
of course there are also pay for download sites of rare fonts that people
have spent the time to build, if you want them they just wish to be
compensated for their hard work. All English TTFs(true type fonts) should
function on your device Russian fonts may or may not work depending if
they are Unicode compliant or not, I know some people have had similar
probems with Greek fonts.

As for font preference it all comes down to personal preference, if you
have the latest version of Word(2003) if you goto your drop down list a
sample of all your available fonts should be represented and you can
choose which one you like and try it on your PPC.

If you are looking for full localization I recommend checking out this
site:
http://www.penreader.com/PocketPC/Language_Extender.htm...

Hope this helps...

Steven 'fyiguy' Hughes - Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices
BostonPocketPC.com
http://www.bostonpocketpc.com

!