USB Controller just dissapeared!

I have a user who no longer shows ANY USB controller or
hub(s) when viewed in the Device Mgr. clicking on action
and searching for the controller does not have any
results. I do not know what the user could have done to
eliminate the USB Controller and root hub but I need to
know if there is a way to restore this without backing up
the data and reformatting and reloading the OS. Does
anyone have any experience with this or something similar?

thanks in advance!
Victor Lioce
vlioce@dps.state.nm.us

similar? Additionally, USB is enabled in the BIOS.

>thanks in advance!
>Victor Lioce
>vlioce@dps.state.nm.us
>.

I contacted Gateway on line, via support chat and they
gave me the URL for the chipset drivers. I loaded the
drivers, rebooted, and it SHOULD have re-discovered the
USB controller, if it was working. I can only assume at
this point that the controller/chipset has failed or is
otherwise damaged.
-VL

Bummer. Grab youself a PCI USB2.0 card. Should install in a PCI slot with
very little hassle and you'll get USB ports back again in an instant.
www.coribright.com