SYSTEM ERROR--PLEASE HELP

KJ

My computer will turn on and after about 5 minutes it
starts clicking and then I get the blue screen of death.
When I try to restart it says operating system not found.
But if I leave it alone for a day or so it starts right
back up and does the same thing over again.
certification Does anyone know what I can do to fix
this. I have moved and have no idea where my XP disc is
but I have the certificate number.
Please help.

SERVO

KJ wrote:
> My computer will turn on and after about 5 minutes it
> starts clicking and then I get the blue screen of death.
> When I try to restart it says operating system not found.
> But if I leave it alone for a day or so it starts right
> back up and does the same thing over again.
> certification Does anyone know what I can do to fix
> this. I have moved and have no idea where my XP disc is
> but I have the certificate number.
> Please help.

Sounds to me like your Hard Disk is dying. Not much you can do about it.
If you can get it started up maybe you can copy your data files onto a CD.

--
Servo
"You gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?"

"KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My computer will turn on and after about 5 minutes it
>starts clicking and then I get the blue screen of death.
>When I try to restart it says operating system not found.
>But if I leave it alone for a day or so it starts right
>back up and does the same thing over again.
>certification Does anyone know what I can do to fix
>this. I have moved and have no idea where my XP disc is
>but I have the certificate number.
>Please help.

I agree with Servo - it is very likely that your hard drive has a
serious problem and may need replacement.

Go to the hard drive manufacturer's web site and download their
diagnostic testing utility (free). Use it to check out your drive.

If that test indicates that there are serious problems with your drive
then you need to take *immediate* action to replace the drive.
Otherwise you run the risk of losing all of your data.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP