Slow performance out of standby

Mike

Splendid

My Dell Inspiron 9100 is showing a strange behavior when it comes out of
standby : it slows down incredibly, with any application. The only way to
bring it back to full performance is to bootstrap it altogether.
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance.

Mike

"Mike" <toocool@tin-removetoreply-.it> wrote in message
> My Dell Inspiron 9100 is showing a strange behavior when it comes out of
> standby : it slows down incredibly, with any application. The only way to
> bring it back to full performance is to bootstrap it altogether.
> Any ideas ?
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Mike,

After resuming from standby, check the Task Manager. Is the CPU Usage
abnormally high? In the "Processes" list, are any task(s) taking significant
amounts of CPU time?

My first guess is that this problem is caused by a faulty driver. Many older
device drivers have problems with power management state transitions,
particularly the ACPI S3 "deep sleep" state. Have you added any devices or
cards to your system since purchasing it? If so, try removing them (e.g SCSI
card, soundcard, ADSL modem, etc) and attempting to standby/resume, to see
if the problem persists.

Also, check that you have the latest BIOS from Dell for your system, and the
latest Windows updates.

Hope this helps..?

-David Hollway