Safe mode with USB keyboard

I need to start in safe mode, but have a Microsoft USB
keyboard. The USB drivers only load after the point when
Safe Mode can be selected. Anyone any ideas other than
buying another keyboard?

Is USB for Legacy Devices enabled in the BIOS?
www.coribright.com

"Brisar" <brisar@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I need to start in safe mode, but have a Microsoft USB
> keyboard. The USB drivers only load after the point when
> Safe Mode can be selected. Anyone any ideas other than
> buying another keyboard?

keyboard and although I can access the safe mode selection
screen the computer refuses to start in safe mode. I have
tried all three safe mode selections and although it seems
to begin, the screen then goes blank and the computer
reboots. It just point blank refuses to start in safe
mode. I am running XP service pack 2.

Thanks for idea, but its got worse. I borrowed a normal
keyboard and although I can access the safe mode selection
screen the computer refuses to start in safe mode. I have
tried all three safe mode selections and although it seems
to begin, the screen then goes blank and the computer
reboots. It just point blank refuses to start in safe
mode. I am running XP service pack 2.

In this case, try a repair installation. Boot off your XP CD, choose to
INSTALL Windows, it will find the existing installation and offer to
repair it, press R to repair, and hopefully it will fix itself :)

----
Nathan McNulty