Proper IP can't browse web

July 2, 2004 4:20:41 AM

wireles did work. i pull anIP Dns GW. however when trying tp browse site pr
connect to term session iget no connection. Instan page cannot be found
error.

Any ides?
TIA
Mike
have hp4350?

More about : proper browse web

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 9:16:17 PM

"Mike Antola" <mikeantola@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> wireles did work. i pull anIP Dns GW. however when trying tp browse site
pr
> connect to term session iget no connection. Instan page cannot be found
> error.
>
> Any ides?
> TIA
> Mike
> have hp4350?

Mike... First if I were you I'd look for a fix for this keyboard problem you
have :)

Seriously, is this happening only on Pocket Internet Explorer? If yes, then
try running the windows\welcome.exe program on your Pocket PC.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
July 3, 2004 4:24:25 AM

I cannnot find welcome.exe on my iPaq. I have installed vxutil
and I can ping ddresses on my network. Also outside network.
I can do GET HTML to outside (public websites) with this utility.

It is not just explorer problem, I can't trun a term session to a server I
can successfully ping either??

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> "Mike Antola" <mikeantola@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > wireles did work. i pull anIP Dns GW. however when trying tp browse
site
> pr
> > connect to term session iget no connection. Instan page cannot be found
> > error.
> >
> > Any ides?
> > TIA
> > Mike
> > have hp4350?
> >

> Mike... First if I were you I'd look for a fix for this keyboard problem
you
> have :)
>
> Seriously, is this happening only on Pocket Internet Explorer? If yes,
then
> try running the windows\welcome.exe program on your Pocket PC.

> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp

July 3, 2004 4:34:42 AM

My apologies I did find welcome.exe and it seems to have fixed the problem.
What occured that requires me having to do this?

Thanks very much!

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> "Mike Antola" <mikeantola@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > wireles did work. i pull anIP Dns GW. however when trying tp browse
site
> pr
> > connect to term session iget no connection. Instan page cannot be found
> > error.
> >
> > Any ides?
> > TIA
> > Mike
> > have hp4350?
> >

> Mike... First if I were you I'd look for a fix for this keyboard problem
you
> have :)
>
> Seriously, is this happening only on Pocket Internet Explorer? If yes,
then
> try running the windows\welcome.exe program on your Pocket PC.

> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp

Anonymous
July 3, 2004 8:28:12 PM

To run welcome.exe you have to open the File Explorer and browse to
\windows.

> I cannnot find welcome.exe on my iPaq. I have installed vxutil
> and I can ping ddresses on my network. Also outside network.
> I can do GET HTML to outside (public websites) with this utility.
>
> It is not just explorer problem, I can't trun a term session to a server
> can successfully ping either??
>

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> > "Mike Antola" <mikeantola@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > wireles did work. i pull anIP Dns GW. however when trying tp browse
> site
> > pr
> > > connect to term session iget no connection. Instan page cannot be
found
> > > error.
> > >
> > > Any ides?
> > > TIA
> > > Mike
> > > have hp4350?
> > >

> > Mike... First if I were you I'd look for a fix for this keyboard problem
> you
> > have :)
> >
> > Seriously, is this happening only on Pocket Internet Explorer? If yes,
> then
> > try running the windows\welcome.exe program on your Pocket PC.
> >
> > --
> > Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
> > Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
> > Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> > Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:37:06 AM

There are a couple of files in the root folder on every Pocket PC, holding
some configuration information. It's easy to delete these files by mistake,
because they have strange names. If you delete the files, welcome.exe will
recreate them...

Good stuff it's working now!

news:o Sa0ScLYEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!