device cannot start (code 10) on a chaintech 7njl6 motherb..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2005 11:37:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I installed windows xp pro french on a chaintech 7njl6 motherboard with
a athlon xp 2900+ and I can't install any pci card or agp. My display
is great in 1024x768 but I don't see the graphic card (Hercules 3d
prophet 4500 agp) on the device manager list and any pci cards. When I
want to add another pci card like a Dlink network card dfe-538tx with
the drivers I have always the same result:
in french (the device cannot start (code 10).
And I have the same for the integrated network card !!!
The bios is 2.0
January 6, 2005 11:50:22 AM

On 5 Jan 2005 08:37:34 -0800, "zeppkorn" <zeppkorn@msn.com> wrote:

>I installed windows xp pro french on a chaintech 7njl6 motherboard with
>a athlon xp 2900+ and I can't install any pci card or agp. My display
>is great in 1024x768 but I don't see the graphic card (Hercules 3d
>prophet 4500 agp) on the device manager list and any pci cards. When I
>want to add another pci card like a Dlink network card dfe-538tx with
>the drivers I have always the same result:
>in french (the device cannot start (code 10).
>And I have the same for the integrated network card !!!
>The bios is 2.0

Weird, the hardware wizard in control panel do anything?
Ed
--
Here's what I found on Microsoft site about code 10, doesn't seem to be
of much help......

If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that
string appears as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this
registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the
hardware key, you receive the following error message:
This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not
have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

Solution button: Update Driver
To resolve this error code, make sure that the device is connected to
the computer correctly. For example, make sure that all cables are
plugged in and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Update the
device driver as the Resolution button suggests. You may also be able to
remove the device and redetect it by using the Add New Hardware wizard.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2005 11:23:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Thank you for your help.
But the problem came with sp2 of win xp.
I installed all the patchs for windows update except the sp2 and all
it's ok.
If I install the sp2, I loose my network card device, my video card and
all pci cards !!

Just another computer that can't work with sp2 :-)
Related resources
January 30, 2005 2:28:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Thanks for sharing. I just built a new system around that board and chip
(Tigerdirect?). I will strongly reconsider the SP2 installation I was about
to undertake.

OBTW, what does your system show for clock speed? Mine shows 1.3GHz in XP.
Odd, because that 2900 should be running at over 2 GHz. I suspect that is
an XP limitation...?

v/r,

Guy

"zeppkorn" <zeppkorn@msn.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for your help.
> But the problem came with sp2 of win xp.
> I installed all the patchs for windows update except the sp2 and all
> it's ok.
> If I install the sp2, I loose my network card device, my video card and
> all pci cards !!
>
> Just another computer that can't work with sp2 :-)

February 4, 2005 9:20:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Regarding the Athlon XP 2900, I found that the default setting on the 7NJL6
board is 133MHz. This is why the system showed 1.3 GHz speed. After
manually changing the setting to 200MHx, the processor runs at 1.99GHz.

Guy

!