Sidewinder forcefeed joystick

i was using my forcefeed back joystick ok on win98 but
have now moved on and changed computers and now have win
2000 professional but cant get joystick to work

getting LIMITATION EXISTS WITH YOUR COMPUTERS RESOURCES OR
CONFIGURATION. SETUP CANT INSTALL SIDEWINDER GAME
CONTROLLER ON YOUR CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM. CHECK YOUR
SIDEWINDER GAME CONTROLLER SOFTWARE PRODUCT FOR SYSTEM
REQUIREMENTS

i have gone to microsoft site and looked for up
grades ,patches, service packs etc but cant seem to find
right one and am now lost

in my computer properties system says: WINDOWS 2000
5.00 .2195 SERVICE PACK 3

any help please?

cheers
pete
2 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder forcefeed joystick

    Is this connected to the games port or USB (not familiar with Sidewinder).
    If game port connect try disabling force feedback in setup (if you get that
    far). I thought I read on a CH Products website that WinXP games port does
    not allow / capable of force feedback. Win2k might be the same.

    P.S. you might try posting to Win2k newsgroup instead of WinXP newsgroups.

    r.
    "peter grossi" <peter@laptoptrading.plus.com> wrote in message
    >i was using my forcefeed back joystick ok on win98 but
    > have now moved on and changed computers and now have win
    > 2000 professional but cant get joystick to work
    >
    > getting LIMITATION EXISTS WITH YOUR COMPUTERS RESOURCES OR
    > CONFIGURATION. SETUP CANT INSTALL SIDEWINDER GAME
    > CONTROLLER ON YOUR CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM. CHECK YOUR
    > SIDEWINDER GAME CONTROLLER SOFTWARE PRODUCT FOR SYSTEM
    > REQUIREMENTS
    >
    > i have gone to microsoft site and looked for up
    > grades ,patches, service packs etc but cant seem to find
    > right one and am now lost
    >
    > in my computer properties system says: WINDOWS 2000
    > 5.00 .2195 SERVICE PACK 3
    >
    > any help please?
    >
    > cheers
    > pete

    Goto the Game Controller Control Panel
    Then Add, Microsoft Sidewinder (auto-detect)...

    Please note that any Profiling software that came with the gameport hardware
    won't work as that was not designed for Windows XP (or 2000). There are
    currently no plans for updates.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "peter grossi" <peter@laptoptrading.plus.com> wrote in message
    >i was using my forcefeed back joystick ok on win98 but
    > have now moved on and changed computers and now have win
    > 2000 professional but cant get joystick to work
    >
    > getting LIMITATION EXISTS WITH YOUR COMPUTERS RESOURCES OR
    > CONFIGURATION. SETUP CANT INSTALL SIDEWINDER GAME
    > CONTROLLER ON YOUR CURRENT OPERATING SYSTEM. CHECK YOUR
    > SIDEWINDER GAME CONTROLLER SOFTWARE PRODUCT FOR SYSTEM
    > REQUIREMENTS
    >
    > i have gone to microsoft site and looked for up
    > grades ,patches, service packs etc but cant seem to find
    > right one and am now lost
    >
    > in my computer properties system says: WINDOWS 2000
    > 5.00 .2195 SERVICE PACK 3
    >
    > any help please?
    >
    > cheers
    > pete