refilling cartridges via the printhead?

I ran across a site that had some kind of tool whereby you could refill an HP
black cart via the actual printhead, as opposed to opening up the hole at the
bottom of the cart. Has anyone used one of these successfully? If so, could you
point me to that site again, since I can't find it now? :)

Thanks

http://www.inkjetsaver.com/

Is where I get mine. It's a far superior way to refill the 45 cart,
including the solvent head-cleaning operation will give you a lot of refills
on one cart. Also recommend their head cleaning kit with the bottle of
solvent and the tray for soaking heads.

ttfg wrote:
> I ran across a site that had some kind of tool whereby you could refill an HP
> black cart via the actual printhead, as opposed to opening up the hole at the
> bottom of the cart. Has anyone used one of these successfully? If so, could you
> point me to that site again, since I can't find it now? :)
>
> Thanks
http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/snapfill45.html
I've been using this one for a couple of years without any problems.

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:22:46 -0600, "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote:

>http://www.inkjetsaver.com/
>
>Is where I get mine. It's a far superior way to refill the 45 cart,
>including the solvent head-cleaning operation will give you a lot of refills
>on one cart. Also recommend their head cleaning kit with the bottle of
>solvent and the tray for soaking heads.

Thanks -- I use the #15, but after 2-3 refills, the printer will reject the
cart, saying it has a problem, even though it is full and the printhead is
functioning properly. Maybe using that tool will cause less "trauma" to the cart
and keep it looking like a factory fresh one to the printer.

Thanks again.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:26:25 GMT, tomcas <tomcas@NOSPAMmjwebsitedesign.com>
wrote:

>ttfg wrote:
>> I ran across a site that had some kind of tool whereby you could refill an HP
>> black cart via the actual printhead, as opposed to opening up the hole at the
>> bottom of the cart. Has anyone used one of these successfully? If so, could you
>> point me to that site again, since I can't find it now? :)
>>
>> Thanks
>http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/snapfill45.html
>I've been using this one for a couple of years without any problems.

Thanks, How many times have you been able to fill the cart before you have to
start with a new one again? I only get 3-4 times with my #78, and 2-3 with my
#15.

It varies from cart to cart. Some of them just keep going till the print
quality starts to suffer. 3-8 refills is not uncommon. If you never run them
dry they will last a lot longer.

ttfg wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:26:25 GMT, tomcas <tomcas@NOSPAMmjwebsitedesign.com>
> wrote:
>

>>ttfg wrote:
>>
>>>I ran across a site that had some kind of tool whereby you could refill an HP
>>>black cart via the actual printhead, as opposed to opening up the hole at the
>>>bottom of the cart. Has anyone used one of these successfully? If so, could you
>>>point me to that site again, since I can't find it now? :)
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>
>>http://www.inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/snapfill45.html
>>I've been using this one for a couple of years without any problems.
>

> Thanks, How many times have you been able to fill the cart before you have to
> start with a new one again? I only get 3-4 times with my #78, and 2-3 with my
> #15.

8 times #45, 4 times #78.