Motherboard Problem

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I purchased a Chaintech CT-7VJL5, KT-400 motherboard and got a $40.00
rebate on the $49.00 price. It seems unusual for them to give this MB
away unless there is some defect in the model.

At the same time I purchased a Chaintech KT-600, VT8237 and have had
no problems with it.

I installed the KT-400, and after it runs for an hour or so, it locks
up.

Has anyone used this MB, and if so, have you had any problems with it?

If it has a trouble history, I'll just replace it with something else,
but if it works for others, I'll search for other problems with the
installation.

System Info:

Win98SE
256 KB Muskin P2700
80GB Seagate HD
ATI Radeon R7000 Video Card

Thanks,

BG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Sorry, I forgot to include the CPU type. It's a Sempron 2500+.

BG

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:25:01 -0600, P122504@time.com wrote:

>I purchased a Chaintech CT-7VJL5, KT-400 motherboard and got a $40.00
>rebate on the $49.00 price. It seems unusual for them to give this MB
>away unless there is some defect in the model.
>
>At the same time I purchased a Chaintech KT-600, VT8237 and have had
>no problems with it.
>
>I installed the KT-400, and after it runs for an hour or so, it locks
>up.
>
>Has anyone used this MB, and if so, have you had any problems with it?
>
>If it has a trouble history, I'll just replace it with something else,
>but if it works for others, I'll search for other problems with the
>installation.
>
>System Info:
>
>Win98SE
>256 KB Muskin P2700
>80GB Seagate HD
>ATI Radeon R7000 Video Card
>
>Thanks,
>
>BG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Did u look at chaintechs site?

Because I was bored I done it for you and right away saw that you need
version 4 bios to use sempron!

<P122504@time.com> wrote in message
> I purchased a Chaintech CT-7VJL5, KT-400 motherboard and got a $40.00
> rebate on the $49.00 price. It seems unusual for them to give this MB
> away unless there is some defect in the model.
>
> At the same time I purchased a Chaintech KT-600, VT8237 and have had
> no problems with it.
>
> I installed the KT-400, and after it runs for an hour or so, it locks
> up.
>
> Has anyone used this MB, and if so, have you had any problems with it?
>
> If it has a trouble history, I'll just replace it with something else,
> but if it works for others, I'll search for other problems with the
> installation.
>
> System Info:
>
> Win98SE
> 256 KB Muskin P2700
> 80GB Seagate HD
> ATI Radeon R7000 Video Card
>
> Thanks,
>
> BG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Thanks for the hint.

I've never upgraded the Bios on a motherboard before, but I guess this
would be a good time to try it.

I have a couple of ECS K7VTA3, V. 6.0 that aren't working right with
the Sempron, either. Maybe they need a Bios update, too.

BG

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:28:55 +0000 (UTC), "Ginchy"
<avmaster@BBBBBbtinternet.com> wrote:

>Did u look at chaintechs site?
>
>Because I was bored I done it for you and right away saw that you need
>version 4 bios to use sempron!
>

><P122504@time.com> wrote in message
>> I purchased a Chaintech CT-7VJL5, KT-400 motherboard and got a $40.00
>> rebate on the $49.00 price. It seems unusual for them to give this MB
>> away unless there is some defect in the model.
>>
>> At the same time I purchased a Chaintech KT-600, VT8237 and have had
>> no problems with it.
>>
>> I installed the KT-400, and after it runs for an hour or so, it locks
>> up.
>>
>> Has anyone used this MB, and if so, have you had any problems with it?
>>
>> If it has a trouble history, I'll just replace it with something else,
>> but if it works for others, I'll search for other problems with the
>> installation.
>>
>> System Info:
>>
>> Win98SE
>> 256 KB Muskin P2700
>> 80GB Seagate HD
>> ATI Radeon R7000 Video Card
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> BG

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

go for it

its easy

just read the instructions carefully

need any help email me!

go check the other bios`s too...they usually tell you whats been
upgraded/fixed