USB Controller troubles - 7NJL6

bill

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I've got my 7NJL6 installed with Windows XP, but I have a yellow
question and exclamation mark in my "Device Manager" in Other
devices/Universal Serial Bus Controllers with the error:
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have this problem.
At the bottom of the list it shows a category showing that some USB
controllers are installed and working properly:

Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

I can plug in and use USB components but they don't work at 2.0 speed.
Anyone know what I might have overlooked?

I've tried to upgrade to SP2 but it won't give me that option at the
windows update site. I read somewhere that SP2 would solve that
problem..?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

put yer mainboard disc in the machine and go back to device manager and
reinstall the driver and ask xp to search auto

it should find the drivers on the disc

if it doesnt use the disc to reinstall the chipset drivers....you have
installed the chipset drivers havent you?

"Bill" <schifty2@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've got my 7NJL6 installed with Windows XP, but I have a yellow
> question and exclamation mark in my "Device Manager" in Other
> devices/Universal Serial Bus Controllers with the error:
> The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
> To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.
>
> I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have this problem.
> At the bottom of the list it shows a category showing that some USB
> controllers are installed and working properly:
>
> Universal Serial Bus Controllers
> Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
> Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
> USB Root Hub
> USB Root Hub
>
> I can plug in and use USB components but they don't work at 2.0 speed.
> Anyone know what I might have overlooked?
>
> I've tried to upgrade to SP2 but it won't give me that option at the
> windows update site. I read somewhere that SP2 would solve that
> problem..?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

The disk you received with the motherboard has the USB2.0 drivers on it. If
my memory serves me correctly, installation of the USB drivers is not listed
on the disk's setup screen, but they are on the disk in a USB directory.
Run the setup file in this directory.

TRENDING THREADS