chaintech motherboard 7vif4

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

:lol: hi i have just bought a chaintech 7vif4 mobo i can get it to
boot up but it will not recognise my 80 gig hard drive after fdisk and
format and then it will not let me install an operating system on it
just keeps saying cannot copy files then comes up with an error page
is this a problem with the board or am i doing some thing wrong please
help

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-motherboard-7vif4-ftopict52037.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=253187

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

On 7 Apr 2005 11:33:21 -0400, lzrd1510
<UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

>:lol: hi i have just bought a chaintech 7vif4 mobo i can get it to
>boot up but it will not recognise my 80 gig hard drive after fdisk and
>format and then it will not let me install an operating system on it
>just keeps saying cannot copy files then comes up with an error page
>is this a problem with the board or am i doing some thing wrong please
>help

Do you have the jumpers set right? Does the HD comeup correctly in
your bios screen? Check your cables are they inserted correctly? Do
you have them plugged in backwards? Try using the utils that came with
the hard disk to format if you still have problems.

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I just got one of those from Newegg and have issues as well. First, it
would not get past the CDROM boot option, just stopped there.
Found out that this board does not like the Lite-On CD-RW drive I have
in it slaved to the hard drive. Put them on seperate IDE channels both
as master and it works.
From time to time it still has trouble detecting the hard drive on boot
though, says there is no boot device.
Not sure if the HD is really going bad or what, it worked great for
years before replacing the MB in the system. I think this board may just
have some stupid IDE issues.

lzrd1510 wrote:
> :lol: hi i have just bought a chaintech 7vif4 mobo i can get it to
> boot up but it will not recognise my 80 gig hard drive after fdisk and
> format and then it will not let me install an operating system on it
> just keeps saying cannot copy files then comes up with an error page
> is this a problem with the board or am i doing some thing wrong please
> help

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I just got one of those from Newegg and have issues as well. First, it
would not get past the CDROM boot option, just stopped there.
Found out that this board does not like the Lite-On CD-RW drive I have
in it slaved to the hard drive. Put them on seperate IDE channels both
as master and it works.
From time to time it still has trouble detecting the hard drive on boot