Connecting multiple displays to my PC

I am looking for some help as to what do I need to do in order to connect
multiple LCD displays to my PC?

aNY HELP? Direction is greatly appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about connecting multiple displays

    ym wrote:
    > I am looking for some help as to what do I need to do in order to
    > connect multiple LCD displays to my PC?
    >
    > aNY HELP? Direction is greatly appreciated

    You will need a video card that supports multiple monitors or multipe video
    cards and multiple LCD monitors.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    "ym" <ym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    |I am looking for some help as to what do I need to do in order to connect
    | multiple LCD displays to my PC?
    |
    | aNY HELP? Direction is greatly appreciated

    Matrox has a nice line of multi display products.

    http://www.matrox.com/mga/multidisplay/home.cfm

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Are you trying to show the same information on each of the monitors? If so,
    buy a video splitter. There are many different models available and support
    from 2 to 16 monitors (at least the ones I have found).

    If you want different information on different monitors, you will have to
    either put in a different video card that supports that feature or a second
    video card for the additional monitor/s.

    "ym" <ym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am looking for some help as to what do I need to do in order to connect
    > multiple LCD displays to my PC?
    >
    > aNY HELP? Direction is greatly appreciated

    The best question is what video card do you have right now? You need a
    video card that has enough video outs for you to connect monitors to.
    If you need more than just two or three monitors, you will probably need
    to buy a PCI video card to compliment your existing video card. Here is
    a list of supported devices for multiple monitors in XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307397

    Here is How to Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307873

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    ym wrote:
    > I am looking for some help as to what do I need to do in order to connect
    > multiple LCD displays to my PC?
    >
    > aNY HELP? Direction is greatly appreciated

Hardware Connection Displays Microsoft Windows XP