wireless connection through Router

a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 3:39:48 PM

Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless card
connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of My Pc
linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is connected to the
wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via centrino all of
these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the
dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new
software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq is showing full
strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that I cannot use the
internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been picked
up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 3:39:49 PM

Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the WEP key on the access point? Try a HEX WEP
key on the PPC versus a pass phrase or ASCII key...and/or turn off WEP temporarily to troubleshoot
this problem...

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_en...

http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wepsk...

Download and install these two free tools to help troubleshoot network connection problems...

http://www.cam.com/vxipconfig.html
http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html

You PocketPC will *NOT* be listed in the desktop Network Neighborhood. If the wireless link is
working correctly you will...

* Get a valid IP from the access point/router DHCP server (NOT a 169.X.X.X address)
* Be able to ping desktops from the PPC and vice versa

Presuming you have the PPC 2002 OS Connection Manager setup correctly, be able to access both your
local LAN, desktop shared files/folders, the public internet and ActiveSync wirelessly...

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/connectionmanager.htm

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless card connected. I am
> running a small home wireless network consisting of My Pc linked by ethernet cable to wireless
> router, my sons Pc is connected to the wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via
> centrino all of these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the dcf-660w
> utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new software. I went through the setup
> procedure and the ipaq is showing full strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that
> I cannot use the internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been picked up in
> workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

---
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 3:39:49 PM

in network management on the PPC try playing around with the "work" vs.
"internet" settings. switch from "work" to "internet" and visa versa and see
if you can connect. also, the ipaq will not show up under the "workgroup"
on the desktop, even if properly connected.

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless card
connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of My Pc
linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is connected to the
wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via centrino all of
these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the
dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new
software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq is showing full
strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that I cannot use the
internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been picked
up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 3:39:50 PM

That first sentence should read...

Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the network SSID and WEP key on the access
point?

Sorry for the confusion...

--

> Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the WEP key on the access point? Try a HEX WEP
> key on the PPC versus a pass phrase or ASCII key...and/or turn off WEP temporarily to troubleshoot
> this problem...
>
> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_en...
>
> http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wepsk...
>
> Download and install these two free tools to help troubleshoot network connection problems...
>
> http://www.cam.com/vxipconfig.html
> http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html
>
> You PocketPC will *NOT* be listed in the desktop Network Neighborhood. If the wireless link is
> working correctly you will...
>
> * Get a valid IP from the access point/router DHCP server (NOT a 169.X.X.X address)
> * Be able to ping desktops from the PPC and vice versa
>
> Presuming you have the PPC 2002 OS Connection Manager setup correctly, be able to access both your
> local LAN, desktop shared files/folders, the public internet and ActiveSync wirelessly...
>
> http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/connectionmanager.htm
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless card connected. I am
>> running a small home wireless network consisting of My Pc linked by ethernet cable to wireless
>> router, my sons Pc is connected to the wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via
>> centrino all of these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the dcf-660w
>> utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new software. I went through the setup
>> procedure and the ipaq is showing full strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is
>> that I cannot use the internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been picked
>> up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

---
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 5:53:04 PM

Thanks Al,
I have just been onto the d-link people who tell me that the version of the
drivers that I downloaded off thier site was the wrong version so after an
hour on the phone talking to this lady she sends me to an ftp site to get
the latest utility. It scans and attaches itself to the network but I cannot
ping anything, it wont let me connect to the web. I really dont understand
the connection manager at all.
news:o a%234pQCYEHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> That first sentence should read...
>
> Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the network SSID and
> WEP key on the access point?
>
> Sorry for the confusion...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>
> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the WEP key on the
>> access point? Try a HEX WEP key on the PPC versus a pass phrase or ASCII
>> key...and/or turn off WEP temporarily to troubleshoot this problem...
>>
>> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_en...
>>
>> http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wepsk...
>>
>> Download and install these two free tools to help troubleshoot network
>> connection problems...
>>
>> http://www.cam.com/vxipconfig.html
>> http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html
>>
>> You PocketPC will *NOT* be listed in the desktop Network Neighborhood. If
>> the wireless link is working correctly you will...
>>
>> * Get a valid IP from the access point/router DHCP server (NOT a
>> 169.X.X.X address)
>> * Be able to ping desktops from the PPC and vice versa
>>
>> Presuming you have the PPC 2002 OS Connection Manager setup correctly, be
>> able to access both your local LAN, desktop shared files/folders, the
>> public internet and ActiveSync wirelessly...
>>
>> http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/connectionmanager.htm
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> benefit of all of us...
>> rights...
>>
>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless
>>> card connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of
>>> My Pc linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is
>>> connected to the wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop
>>> via centrino all of these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded
>>> and installed the dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to
>>> accept the new software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq
>>> is showing full strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is
>>> that I cannot use the internet explorer to access the internet and my
>>> device has not been picked up in workgroup computers. Please tell me
>>> what I am doing wrong
>>>

> ---
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 5:53:05 PM

Read the Connection Manager page I pointed you to carefully. I explains the settings quite well for
the PPC 2002 OS...

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ejDjEODYEHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Al,
> I have just been onto the d-link people who tell me that the version of the drivers that I
> downloaded off thier site was the wrong version so after an hour on the phone talking to this lady
> she sends me to an ftp site to get the latest utility. It scans and attaches itself to the network
> but I cannot ping anything, it wont let me connect to the web. I really dont understand the
> connection manager at all.
> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
> news:o a%234pQCYEHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> That first sentence should read...
>>
>> Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the network SSID and WEP key on the access
>> point?
>>
>> Sorry for the confusion...
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the WEP key on the access point? Try a HEX
>>> WEP key on the PPC versus a pass phrase or ASCII key...and/or turn off WEP temporarily to
>>> troubleshoot this problem...
>>>
>>> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_en...
>>>
>>> http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wepsk...
>>>
>>> Download and install these two free tools to help troubleshoot network connection problems...
>>>
>>> http://www.cam.com/vxipconfig.html
>>> http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html
>>>
>>> You PocketPC will *NOT* be listed in the desktop Network Neighborhood. If the wireless link is
>>> working correctly you will...
>>>
>>> * Get a valid IP from the access point/router DHCP server (NOT a 169.X.X.X address)
>>> * Be able to ping desktops from the PPC and vice versa
>>>
>>> Presuming you have the PPC 2002 OS Connection Manager setup correctly, be able to access both
>>> your local LAN, desktop shared files/folders, the public internet and ActiveSync wirelessly...
>>>
>>> http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/connectionmanager.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>>>
>>> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
>>> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...
>>>
>>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

---
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 5:54:41 PM

none of the utilities that you recommend install, inf not found
> Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the WEP key on the
> access point? Try a HEX WEP key on the PPC versus a pass phrase or ASCII
> key...and/or turn off WEP temporarily to troubleshoot this problem...
>
> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_en...
>
> http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wepsk...
>
> Download and install these two free tools to help troubleshoot network
> connection problems...
>
> http://www.cam.com/vxipconfig.html
> http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html
>
> You PocketPC will *NOT* be listed in the desktop Network Neighborhood. If
> the wireless link is working correctly you will...
>
> * Get a valid IP from the access point/router DHCP server (NOT a 169.X.X.X
> address)
> * Be able to ping desktops from the PPC and vice versa
>
> Presuming you have the PPC 2002 OS Connection Manager setup correctly, be
> able to access both your local LAN, desktop shared files/folders, the
> public internet and ActiveSync wirelessly...
>
> http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/connectionmanager.htm
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless
>> card connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of
>> My Pc linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is
>> connected to the wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop
>> via centrino all of these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded
>> and installed the dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to
>> accept the new software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq
>> is showing full strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is
>> that I cannot use the internet explorer to access the internet and my
>> device has not been picked up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what
>> I am doing wrong
>>

> ---
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 5:54:42 PM

You need to download each compressed file to your desktop, extract the files to a folder on your
desktop, then run the install from that folder on your desktop. As noted in the Readme files,
included with each program, you are *NOT* to install from inside the zip file...

--

> none of the utilities that you recommend install, inf not found
> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Does your network SSID and WEP key on the PPC match the WEP key on the access point? Try a HEX
>> WEP key on the PPC versus a pass phrase or ASCII key...and/or turn off WEP temporarily to
>> troubleshoot this problem...
>>
>> http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/wireless_en...
>>
>> http://www.warewolflabs.com/portfolio/programming/wepsk...
>>
>> Download and install these two free tools to help troubleshoot network connection problems...
>>
>> http://www.cam.com/vxipconfig.html
>> http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html
>>
>> You PocketPC will *NOT* be listed in the desktop Network Neighborhood. If the wireless link is
>> working correctly you will...
>>
>> * Get a valid IP from the access point/router DHCP server (NOT a 169.X.X.X address)
>> * Be able to ping desktops from the PPC and vice versa
>>
>> Presuming you have the PPC 2002 OS Connection Manager setup correctly, be able to access both
>> your local LAN, desktop shared files/folders, the public internet and ActiveSync wirelessly...
>>
>> http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/connectionmanager.htm
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless card connected. I am
>>> running a small home wireless network consisting of My Pc linked by ethernet cable to wireless
>>> router, my sons Pc is connected to the wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via
>>> centrino all of these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the dcf-660w
>>> utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new software. I went through the setup
>>> procedure and the ipaq is showing full strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is
>>> that I cannot use the internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been picked
>>> up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

---
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 10:41:38 PM

I thought that my router should automatically assign an ip address, I cannot
ping my PPC on any ip within the network range. I have turned off WEP
encryption on both the router and PPC , I am getting full signal strength
but I cannot use IE on the PPC, it is really frustrating. Is it anything to
do with ZA settings or IE security settings? My PC, Laptop and sons computer
are all talking to the router but not the PPC.
"Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o wcMU8EYEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> in network management on the PPC try playing around with the "work" vs.
> "internet" settings. switch from "work" to "internet" and visa versa and
> see
> if you can connect. also, the ipaq will not show up under the "workgroup"
> on the desktop, even if properly connected.
>
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless
> card
> connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of My Pc
> linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is connected to
> the
> wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via centrino all of
> these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the
> dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new
> software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq is showing full
> strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that I cannot use
> the
> internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been picked
> up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 10:41:39 PM

What wireless access point/router? Maybe someone with that access point can help if you name it...

--

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uTkTivFYEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I thought that my router should automatically assign an ip address, I cannot
> ping my PPC on any ip within the network range. I have turned off WEP
> encryption on both the router and PPC , I am getting full signal strength
> but I cannot use IE on the PPC, it is really frustrating. Is it anything to
> do with ZA settings or IE security settings? My PC, Laptop and sons computer
> are all talking to the router but not the PPC.
> "Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o wcMU8EYEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> in network management on the PPC try playing around with the "work" vs.
>> "internet" settings. switch from "work" to "internet" and visa versa and
>> see
>> if you can connect. also, the ipaq will not show up under the "workgroup"
>> on the desktop, even if properly connected.
>>
>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless
>> card
>> connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of My Pc
>> linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is connected to
>> the
>> wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via centrino all of
>> these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the
>> dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new
>> software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq is showing full
>> strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that I cannot use
>> the
>> internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been picked
>> up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

---
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 10:59:28 PM

If I am trying to connect through the wireless router (Gateway) why am I
asked to provide dialling numbers in the connection
manager>connections>new>modify? It should be so simple to point to my
router and say connect me please this is madness on a grand scale or I am
obviously Mr Thicko from the planet Thick
"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless
> card connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of
> My Pc linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is connected
> to the wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via centrino
> all of these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed
> the dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new
> software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq is showing full
> strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that I cannot use
> the internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been
> picked up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 11:00:08 PM

By the way I do appreciate everybodies efforts, you are all good people
"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless
> card connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of
> My Pc linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is connected
> to the wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via centrino
> all of these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed
> the dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new
> software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq is showing full
> strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that I cannot use
> the internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been
> picked up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 2, 2004 11:20:58 PM

Hi Al, thanks for staying with me. At the moment I have the ipaq in the
'grenade ready, pin out position' The router is a BT Voyager 2000, Mind your
head 'INCOMING'
news:o fNy3yFYEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> What wireless access point/router? Maybe someone with that access point
> can help if you name it...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I thought that my router should automatically assign an ip address, I
>>cannot ping my PPC on any ip within the network range. I have turned off
>>WEP encryption on both the router and PPC , I am getting full signal
>>strength but I cannot use IE on the PPC, it is really frustrating. Is it
>>anything to do with ZA settings or IE security settings? My PC, Laptop and
>>sons computer are all talking to the router but not the PPC.
>> "Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o wcMU8EYEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> in network management on the PPC try playing around with the "work" vs.
>>> "internet" settings. switch from "work" to "internet" and visa versa and
>>> see
>>> if you can connect. also, the ipaq will not show up under the
>>> "workgroup"
>>> on the desktop, even if properly connected.
>>>
>>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o 0bslDCYEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Hello, I have an ipaq 3630 running PPC 2002, I have a DCF-660w wireless
>>> card
>>> connected. I am running a small home wireless network consisting of My
>>> Pc
>>> linked by ethernet cable to wireless router, my sons Pc is connected to
>>> the
>>> wireless network via a USB network adapter, My Laptop via centrino all
>>> of
>>> these are working fine except the ipaq. I downloaded and installed the
>>> dcf-660w utility onto the ipaq and reset the ipaq to accept the new
>>> software. I went through the setup procedure and the ipaq is showing
>>> full
>>> strength signal on my wireless network, the problem is that I cannot use
>>> the
>>> internet explorer to access the internet and my device has not been
>>> picked
>>> up in workgroup computers. Please tell me what I am doing wrong
>>>

> ---
a b F Wireless
July 3, 2004 9:31:14 AM

I don't personally know anything about the BT device other than to make sure you have the latest
firmware installed. You also might check with BT to see if their technical support pages mention any
problems with assigning IP addresses to PocketPC devices. Some routers appear to have problems and
some don't... In my case, when I first got my old 3630 my old Linksys router (BEFSR41) would not
assign IP addresses to Windows CE devices. A subsequent Linksys firmware upgrade fixed that...

Have you tried assigning a static IP, with appropriate DNS information, to the card network
properties as a test?

Have you verified the SSID is either being detected correctly (IF you have the card setup for Auto
Detect) or you have entered the SSID manually correctly? You state you have turned off WEP on both
the access point and card to test, so SSID is the other possible problem now...

Sometimes a reset of the access point/router helps...

Other things to try...

Turn off any power save mode on the D-Link card. I seen reports of other cards having problems with
power save modes for some strange reason...

FWIW, my brother uses my old D-Link DCF-650W card in his iPAQ 3650 running the PPC 2002 OS just
fine... In his case he has Apple Airport wireless access points. I used that same card, ie. the
D-Link DCF-650W, in my old iPAQ 3835 running PPC 2002 OS with an ORiNOCO RG-1000 wireless access
point...

Make sure you review the Product Manual for your card. Get a copy here...

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/DCF660W/Manual/dcf660W_man...

As a very last resort, doing a hard reset of the PocketPC, followed by installation of the D-Link
drivers and configuration of both the drivers and Connection Manager can work miracles...ie. getting
wireless networking working on a clean machine then reinstalling applications, etc...

--

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujVtSFGYEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi Al, thanks for staying with me. At the moment I have the ipaq in the 'grenade ready, pin out
> position' The router is a BT Voyager 2000, Mind your head 'INCOMING'
> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
> news:o fNy3yFYEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> What wireless access point/router? Maybe someone with that access point can help if you name
>> it...
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I thought that my router should automatically assign an ip address, I cannot ping my PPC on any
>>>ip within the network range. I have turned off WEP encryption on both the router and PPC , I am
>>>getting full signal strength but I cannot use IE on the PPC, it is really frustrating. Is it
>>>anything to do with ZA settings or IE security settings? My PC, Laptop and sons computer are all
>>>talking to the router but not the PPC.
>>> "Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o wcMU8EYEHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

---
a b F Wireless
July 3, 2004 10:26:54 PM

Thanks for all your efforts Al, I have tried everything it just isn't
working, I am bored with it now (Look out for it on Ebay)

Thanks a million
news:o 8XQfjOYEHA.2868@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...