I have a fuji camera, which uses the USB port to connect
as a USB mass media device. My problem is that after
installing SP2, my camera connects, shows on the remove
hardware list, yet it does not show in my computer so I
can not access the pictures. What do I need to do to fix
this issue?

Try reloading the camera software..

"Lj Mills" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a fuji camera, which uses the USB port to connect
> as a USB mass media device. My problem is that after
> installing SP2, my camera connects, shows on the remove
> hardware list, yet it does not show in my computer so I
> can not access the pictures. What do I need to do to fix
> this issue?

I did that, same results. I have heard that others are
having the same issue?

This is weird. The other day I tried plugging in my USB card readers and my
Fuji S5000 when I was booted with Linux and everything worked fine but I
can't check now because I removed the dual boot Linux.

However, I'm sure the card readers and camera were working with my XP Pro
about a week ago and I never have used the Fuji drivers at all on this XP
machine.

One thing that is different on my machine now it that I installed a USB Hub
to bring some ports to the front of my machine. Maybe I need to look into
some driver updates for Windows because Windows I show a Generic Hub on my
USB 2.0 PCI Bus.

Wayne
>I did that, same results. I have heard that others are
> having the same issue?

Try connecting the camera, right-click My Computer, select Manage,
select Disk Management, right-click your USB listing for the camera,
select Change Drive Letter, and pick something nearer the end of the
alphabet. Worked for me.

Lj Mills wrote:

> I have a fuji camera, which uses the USB port to connect
> as a USB mass media device. My problem is that after
> installing SP2, my camera connects, shows on the remove
> hardware list, yet it does not show in my computer so I
> can not access the pictures. What do I need to do to fix
> this issue?

Remove the device from Device Manager by right clicking on it, then
uninstall it, then remove the device from the computer (physically). Now
open Registry Editior (Start-Run-regedit). Navigate to
HKLM\System\CCS\Enum\USB. Open each of the folders until you find the
one that contains info on your camera. Right click on the folder that
starts with Vid_Xxxx that contains the info about your camera, click
Permission and allow full control. Then right click and delete the
folder. Now reboot, then plug the device back in. Hope that works for ya.

----
Nathan McNulty

WayneM wrote:
> This is weird. The other day I tried plugging in my USB card readers and my
> Fuji S5000 when I was booted with Linux and everything worked fine but I
> can't check now because I removed the dual boot Linux.
>
> However, I'm sure the card readers and camera were working with my XP Pro
> about a week ago and I never have used the Fuji drivers at all on this XP
> machine.
>
> One thing that is different on my machine now it that I installed a USB Hub
> to bring some ports to the front of my machine. Maybe I need to look into
> some driver updates for Windows because Windows I show a Generic Hub on my
> USB 2.0 PCI Bus.
>
> Wayne
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I did that, same results. I have heard that others are
>>having the same issue?

Thanx, Nathan.

I got the camera and card readers working again by re-installing the drivers
that came with the USB 2 PCI card. I have no idea what happened. I doubt
that it had anything to do with Linux because the Linux OS was on a
different physical drive but even after removing Linux and reformatting the
HDD for NTFS I have some remnants of Linux on the primary drive. Every time
I boot, the first boot option is still a Linux OS and I have to select XP or
the machine just sits there looking for the Linux OS.

I know there was a way of getting rid of the remnants of a second of a dual
boot Windows OS, but I don't remember. I assume the same procedure will work
to remove the remnants of the dual boot Linux OS but I'm too lazy to search
for the info.

Wayne
"Nathan McNulty" <nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> Remove the device from Device Manager by right clicking on it, then
> uninstall it, then remove the device from the computer (physically). Now
> open Registry Editior (Start-Run-regedit). Navigate to
> HKLM\System\CCS\Enum\USB. Open each of the folders until you find the one
> that contains info on your camera. Right click on the folder that starts
> with Vid_Xxxx that contains the info about your camera, click Permission
> and allow full control. Then right click and delete the folder. Now
> reboot, then plug the device back in. Hope that works for ya.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> WayneM wrote:
>> This is weird. The other day I tried plugging in my USB card readers and
>> my Fuji S5000 when I was booted with Linux and everything worked fine but
>> I can't check now because I removed the dual boot Linux.
>>
>> However, I'm sure the card readers and camera were working with my XP Pro
>> about a week ago and I never have used the Fuji drivers at all on this XP
>> machine.
>>
>> One thing that is different on my machine now it that I installed a USB
>> Hub to bring some ports to the front of my machine. Maybe I need to look
>> into some driver updates for Windows because Windows I show a Generic Hub
>> on my USB 2.0 PCI Bus.
>>
>> Wayne
>> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I did that, same results. I have heard that others are
>>>having the same issue?

I am not sure how you set up Linux (LILO or GRUB or what), but make sure
it didn't edit the boot.ini file in your C:\ directory. Glad to hear
you got it working :)

----
Nathan McNulty