Incompatability, Windows XP SP2 & ATI 9500 Pro.

tonyc

Please be advised that problem is incompatibility between
ATI driver CATALYST Windows XP 4.9 & Windows XP SP2.

Graphics card is ATI 9500 Pro.

Remove SP2 (ie. Revert to SP1), problem disappears.

Install SP2, problem reappears.

Uninstall SP2, problem reappears.

All drivers, Direct X, everything, are up to date -
problem is SP2 & ATI driver(s).

1.0 Initial error message is "VPU Recover has reset
your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding
to graphics driver commands."

2.0 When above error accepted, following error message
appears "VPU Recover was unable to fully recover from a
hardware deadlock, & has switched to software rendering.
To restore hardware rendering, you must restart your
computer. Do you want to restart your computer now?"

Please advise supply of compatible ATI driver.

Thank you.

Hi, sorry to say that it's ok on my PC and SP2, no incompatibilities
whatsoever......
Chris C
"Tonyc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please be advised that problem is incompatibility between
> ATI driver CATALYST Windows XP 4.9 & Windows XP SP2.
>

> Graphics card is ATI 9500 Pro.
>

> Remove SP2 (ie. Revert to SP1), problem disappears.
>
> Install SP2, problem reappears.
>
> Uninstall SP2, problem reappears.
>

> All drivers, Direct X, everything, are up to date -
> problem is SP2 & ATI driver(s).
>

> 1.0 Initial error message is "VPU Recover has reset
> your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding
> to graphics driver commands."
>

> 2.0 When above error accepted, following error message
> appears "VPU Recover was unable to fully recover from a
> hardware deadlock, & has switched to software rendering.
> To restore hardware rendering, you must restart your
> computer. Do you want to restart your computer now?"
>

> Please advise supply of compatible ATI driver.
>

> Thank you.

Sam

Sometime on, or about Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:51:47 -0700, Tonyc wrote:

> Please be advised that problem is incompatibility between
> ATI driver CATALYST Windows XP 4.9 & Windows XP SP2.
>

> Graphics card is ATI 9500 Pro.
>

> Remove SP2 (ie. Revert to SP1), problem disappears.
>
> Install SP2, problem reappears.
>
> Uninstall SP2, problem reappears.
>

> All drivers, Direct X, everything, are up to date -
> problem is SP2 & ATI driver(s).
>

> 1.0 Initial error message is "VPU Recover has reset
> your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding
> to graphics driver commands."
>

> 2.0 When above error accepted, following error message
> appears "VPU Recover was unable to fully recover from a
> hardware deadlock, & has switched to software rendering.
> To restore hardware rendering, you must restart your
> computer. Do you want to restart your computer now?"
>

> Please advise supply of compatible ATI driver.
>

> Thank you.

I have SP2, the same video card and 4.9 without any of these problems.

Sam
--
To mail me, please get rid of the BS first

No incompatibility. You may want to try reinstalling the drivers.
Also, are you using the Control Center or just the regular drivers?
Finally, try the Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net ;)

----
Nathan McNulty