Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Having replaced my failed hard disk and re-formatted it,I
now cannot boot from the floppy of any other drive no
matter which sequence i chose. I get the error
message "invalid system disk, replace the disk and then
press any key". no matter what i do the sam emessage
returns and I cannot use the laptop. Any idea what has
gone wrong and how I can repair it?

"Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having replaced my failed hard disk and re-formatted it,I
> now cannot boot from the floppy of any other drive no
> matter which sequence i chose. I get the error
> message "invalid system disk, replace the disk and then
> press any key". no matter what i do the sam emessage
> returns and I cannot use the laptop. Any idea what has
> gone wrong and how I can repair it?

Presumably you wish to re-install WinXP. The trick is
to set the BIOS to boot from your CD drive, then boot
up with your WinXP CD.