moggsquad

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Does anyone have a Chaintech VNF3-250 board they could look at? I need
the three digit code on the surface mount resistor at location SR502,
on the bottom of the board under the Nforce3 chip.

Background:
I recently sold a new Chaintech VNF3-250 motherboard and A64 3400+ CPU
to someone. When installing it, it appears that he accidently left a
standoff in the wrong place in his chassis. It damaged two components
on the bottom of the board. One can be resoldered, the other is
missing. I would very much like to fix the board for him. He spent a
decent amount of money on the board and CPU, and I’d hate to see it go
to waste.

Pic of the damaged area:
http://www.bigbadwoolf.com/images/vnf3250_motherboard.jpg

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-HELP-VNF3-250-ftopict57359.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=288797

Ed

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

On 13 Jun 2005 02:36:39 -0400, MoggSquad
<UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have a Chaintech VNF3-250 board they could look at? I need
>the three digit code on the surface mount resistor at location SR502,
>on the bottom of the board under the Nforce3 chip.
>
>Background:
>I recently sold a new Chaintech VNF3-250 motherboard and A64 3400+ CPU
>to someone. When installing it, it appears that he accidently left a
>standoff in the wrong place in his chassis. It damaged two components
>on the bottom of the board. One can be resoldered, the other is
>missing. I would very much like to fix the board for him. He spent a
>decent amount of money on the board and CPU, and I’d hate to see it go
>to waste.
>
>Pic of the damaged area:
>http://www.bigbadwoolf.com/images/vnf3250_motherboard.jpg

Darn, I can't see that area due to the way my case is made.

I've posted your Q. here in hopes someone can help.
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=3509334#post3509334

Good Luck!
Ed