7NJL6 no-post problem

kmansj

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2005
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I bought the 7NJL6 + AXP2900 from TigerDirect; sat down last night to
build it, and got a no-post. Fans spin, CPU fan spins, hard drives
spin up, but no beep, and no graphics out. Also, the heatsink doesn’t
seem to get warm.

So I popped the new CPU back into my old motherboard, and voila, it
works fine. Graphics card & memory all check out on the old board. I
tried my old memory stick, which works fine in the old board, and
still nothing. I tried it with bare minimum stuff (memory, cpu/hs,
graphics card), and still no beep. Here’s my deal:
AXP2900 Barton 400MHz FSB (also tried my old AXP2000)
512MB Kingmax DDR400 (also tried 512MB stick of known-good PC2100)
in Slot 1
GF5900XT
Enermax 350W PS

Any ideas? I was wondering about clearing CMOS. I notice that near
the JP1 jumper, JP(23?) right next to it has a green thingy on the 1-2
pins. But the manual makes no mention of this. What is the function,
and should it be connected like that? I tried clearing the CMOS
(didn’t remove the battery -- should I?), but no effect.

Are there any known sensitivities to how the front panel connections
are made? The power switch seems to work, and the LEDs too. Does
this system require keyboard to get to POST? Any connections other
than main power & front panel that I would have to make?

I’d be grateful for any pointers.
Kman

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-7NJL6-post-problem-ftopict57641.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=290554

"kmansj" wrote:
>I bought the 7NJL6 + AXP2900 from TigerDirect; sat down last night
>build it, and got a no-post. Fans spin, CPU fan spins, hard drives
>spin up, but no beep, and no graphics out. Also, the heatsink
>doesn’t seem to get warm.
>
>So I popped the new CPU back into my old motherboard, and voila, it
>works fine. Graphics card & memory all check out on the old board.
>tried my old memory stick, which works fine in the old board, and
>still nothing. I tried it with bare minimum stuff (memory, cpu/hs,
>graphics card), and still no beep. Here’s my deal:
> AXP2900 Barton 400MHz FSB (also tried my old AXP2000)
> 512MB Kingmax DDR400 (also tried 512MB stick of known-good PC2100)
>in Slot 1
> GF5900XT
> Enermax 350W PS
>
>Any ideas? I was wondering about clearing CMOS. I notice that near
>the JP1 jumper, JP(23?) right next to it has a green thingy on the
1-2
>pins. But the manual makes no mention of this. What is the
function,
>and should it be connected like that? I tried clearing the CMOS
>(didn’t remove the battery -- should I?), but no effect.
>
>Are there any known sensitivities to how the front panel connections
>are made? The power switch seems to work, and the LEDs too. Does
>this system require keyboard to get to POST? Any connections other
>than main power & front panel that I would have to make?
>
>I’d be grateful for any pointers.
>Kman

you’ve done everything i would normally suggest. do clear the cmos.
how old is the psu? i’d try another one then think rma back to
tigerdirect.

ud

Parm

"kmansj" wrote:
> I bought the 7NJL6 + AXP2900 from TigerDirect; sat down last
> night to build it, and got a no-post. Fans spin, CPU fan
> spins, hard drives spin up, but no beep, and no graphics out.
> Also, the heatsink doesn't seem to get warm.
>
> So I popped the new CPU back into my old motherboard, and
> voila, it works fine. Graphics card & memory all check out on
> the old board. I tried my old memory stick, which works fine
> in the old board, and still nothing. I tried it with bare
> minimum stuff (memory, cpu/hs, graphics card), and still no
> beep. Here's my deal:
> AXP2900 Barton 400MHz FSB (also tried my old AXP2000)
> 512MB Kingmax DDR400 (also tried 512MB stick of known-good
> PC2100) in Slot 1
> GF5900XT
> Enermax 350W PS
>
> Any ideas? I was wondering about clearing CMOS. I notice
> that near the JP1 jumper, JP(23?) right next to it has a green
> thingy on the 1-2 pins. But the manual makes no mention of
> this. What is the function, and should it be connected like
> that? I tried clearing the CMOS (didn't remove the battery --
> should I?), but no effect.
>
> Are there any known sensitivities to how the front panel
> connections are made? The power switch seems to work, and the
> LEDs too. Does this system require keyboard to get to POST?
> Any connections other than main power & front panel that I
> would have to make?
>
> I'd be grateful for any pointers.
> Kman

Hi,

I did run into the same problem of no graphics. Go back into your BIOS
and change the CPU frequency to 100 MHz. I tried other frequencies,
but always got a blank screen with no beeps or anything else. But when
I changed the frequency to 100 MHz, it all worked out fine.

Parm