SPDIF option on 7NJL6??

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Just got the MN last night and was looking through the manual. How do I
get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector (for the SPDIF
cable) be located?

- Zilla
3 answers Last reply
More about spdif option 7njl6
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

    "" wrote:
    > Just got the MN last night and was looking through the manual.
    > How do I
    > get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector (for
    > the SPDIF
    > cable) be located?
    >
    > - Zilla

    which spdif are you referring to? the one between the cdrom and the
    board?

    you should be able to go to control panel/multimedia/cdmusic, there
    should be a box to check to use digital instead of analog.

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-SPDIF-option-7NJL6-ftopict58273.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294550
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

    uddarts wrote:
    > "" wrote:
    > > Just got the MN last night and was looking through the manual.
    > > How do I
    > > get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector (for
    > > the SPDIF
    > > cable) be located?
    > >
    > > - Zilla
    >
    > which spdif are you referring to? the one between the cdrom and the
    > board?
    >
    > you should be able to go to control panel/multimedia/cdmusic, there
    > should be a box to check to use digital instead of analog.
    >

    > ud

    Is this what the "S/PDIF out" option means? I was under the impression
    that I can connect an S/PDIF out jack from the m/b to my case for
    external sound processing, like to my stereo amp. Guess not.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

    "" wrote:
    > uddarts wrote:
    > > "" wrote:
    > > > Just got the MN last night and was looking through the
    > manual.
    > > > How do I
    > > > get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector
    > (for
    > > > the SPDIF
    > > > cable) be located?
    > > >
    > > > - Zilla
    > >
    > > which spdif are you referring to? the one between the cdrom
    > and the
    > > board?
    > >
    > > you should be able to go to control
    > panel/multimedia/cdmusic, there
    > > should be a box to check to use digital instead of analog.
    > >

    > > ud
    > >
    > Is this what the "S/PDIF out" option means? I was under the
    > impression
    > that I can connect an S/PDIF out jack from the m/b to my case
    > for
    > external sound processing, like to my stereo amp. Guess not.

    you can use the analog out and make a connection to an amp/receiver
    with a mini stereo plug and rca jack at the other end. you get them at
    radio shack.

    for optical out you would need a media card.

    http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=16&PISNo=68

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-SPDIF-option-7NJL6-ftopict58273.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=295007