  • Cable
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
July 1, 2005 1:08:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Just got the MN last night and was looking through the manual. How do I
get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector (for the SPDIF
cable) be located?

- Zilla

More about : spdif option 7njl6

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 2, 2005 4:36:43 AM

"" wrote:
> Just got the MN last night and was looking through the manual.
> How do I
> get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector (for
> the SPDIF
> cable) be located?
>
> - Zilla

which spdif are you referring to? the one between the cdrom and the
board?

you should be able to go to control panel/multimedia/cdmusic, there
should be a box to check to use digital instead of analog.

ud

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-SPDIF-option-7N...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294550
July 3, 2005 1:03:49 AM

uddarts wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > Just got the MN last night and was looking through the manual.
> > How do I
> > get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector (for
> > the SPDIF
> > cable) be located?
> >
> > - Zilla
>
> which spdif are you referring to? the one between the cdrom and the
> board?
>
> you should be able to go to control panel/multimedia/cdmusic, there
> should be a box to check to use digital instead of analog.
>

> ud

Is this what the "S/PDIF out" option means? I was under the impression
that I can connect an S/PDIF out jack from the m/b to my case for
external sound processing, like to my stereo amp. Guess not.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 3, 2005 7:35:44 PM

"" wrote:
> uddarts wrote:
> > "" wrote:
> > > Just got the MN last night and was looking through the
> manual.
> > > How do I
> > > get the SPDIF working? Where will the physical connector
> (for
> > > the SPDIF
> > > cable) be located?
> > >
> > > - Zilla
> >
> > which spdif are you referring to? the one between the cdrom
> and the
> > board?
> >
> > you should be able to go to control
> panel/multimedia/cdmusic, there
> > should be a box to check to use digital instead of analog.
> >

> > ud
> >
> Is this what the "S/PDIF out" option means? I was under the
> impression
> that I can connect an S/PDIF out jack from the m/b to my case
> for
> external sound processing, like to my stereo amp. Guess not.

you can use the analog out and make a connection to an amp/receiver
with a mini stereo plug and rca jack at the other end. you get them at
radio shack.

for optical out you would need a media card.

http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPS...

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=295007