DDR 3200 & 7NJL6- only 200Mhz???

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I just bought an Athlon XP 3000+ and was stoked b/c my ram (Kingmax
DDR 3200) would run at 400mhz. However it apears that my ram is only
running at 200Mhz. What is up with that? How can I get it to run at
400Mhz like it is supposed to?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-DDR-3200-amp-7NJL6-200Mhz-ftopict59265.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300125

"C" wrote:
> I just bought an Athlon XP 3000+ and was stoked b/c my ram
> (Kingmax DDR 3200) would run at 400mhz. However it apears that
> my ram is only running at 200Mhz. What is up with that? How
> can I get it to run at 400Mhz like it is supposed to?

more than likely the cpu fsb is set to 100fsb. there is a jumper
located upper left of the agp slot. nf2 boards run best when the cpu
and mem are run 1:1.

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

this program will tell you your system spec for the cpu and ram.

ud

"uddarts" wrote:
> more than likely the cpu fsb is set to 100fsb. there is a
> jumper located upper left of the agp slot. nf2 boards run best
> when the cpu and mem are run 1:1.
>
> http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php
>
> this program will tell you your system spec for the cpu and
> ram.
>

> ud

No, I used cpu-z to check where it was running and it is running at
400, although something was wierd about what my manual says and how it
appears. The CPU will say it is running at 200Mhz and the system bus
is running at 400. The memory just says it is running at 200Mhz.

"C" wrote:
> No, I used cpu-z to check where it was running and it is
> running at 400, although something was wierd about what my
> manual says and how it appears. The CPU will say it is running
> at 200Mhz and the system bus is running at 400. The memory
> just says it is running at 200Mhz.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1352&page=1

ud

"C" wrote:
> I guess what my question now is, what is the difference
> between FSB and just plain ol' bus speeds? That artical was
> good thanks for that.

:lol: your testing me aren’t you? some of this stuff i take for
granted and can’t give the technical info on it.

maybe this will help answer your question. i found looking for your
earlier question.

http://www.directron.com/fsbguide.html#part1

later

ud

"uddarts" wrote:
> :lol: your testing me aren't you? some of this stuff i take
> for granted and can't give the technical info on it.
>
> maybe this will help answer your question. i found looking for
> your earlier question.
>
> http://www.directron.com/fsbguide.html#part1
>
> later
>
> ud

Thanks again for another good article. I understand that my processor
is running right, but is my ram? To me it looks like I would need
another stick of 512 to get my ram to run at 400. However, in all of
those articles it says that you have to have doual channel DDR for
that to work. So if my ram is rated at 400Mhz but isn’t dual-DDR then
why doesn’t it run at 400Mhz w/o another stick? Does that make sense?
I can post a print screen of cpu-z if that would be helpful.