DVD-RW drives unable to write

September 26, 2004 5:34:54 PM

I have read NUMEROUS other posts with the same issue, and
I do not see a solution posted that works yet. I have a
pioneer dvd-r 104 and it always worked fine with at least
5 different kinds of burning software. It then (after
updated windows with critical updates) would no longer
burn. I then purchased a NEC dual layer dvd-burner and
after installing, it has the exact same problem as the
pioneer. The problem is not the media I am using either
because it is the same kind I have always used and it
works fine still with my laptop.

The best advice I have seen is from another person with
this problem suggesting to uninstall sp2. The expert
advice does not come close to addressing the real issue
and has done nothing so far.

Can someone PLEASE help me get the functionality of my
drives back? I have read all the other posts and the
advice given so far does not fix the problem... what can
all of us do who can't use our drives because of windows
xp?
September 27, 2004 12:38:12 AM

After a lot of research I learned there are two ways to
fix this for most situations.

1. Uninstall Windows update B842773.

or

2. Upgrade Ahead Nero to version 6.0