  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 9, 2005 2:01:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

I have the VNF4 Ultra with an X2 4200 - I just added two more (for a
total of 4) sata drives. These are sataII 250 GB in a raid 0 config. Now
the computer is acting really weird. It will reboot if I try to run a
sandra bench mark on the raid array. It will reboot if I try to run
anything that uses the raid array as a temp drive. Now it seems it just
reboots at random places. I don't think it's power since I have Tagan
E-power 480 watt PS..unless I need more juice than that???

More about : vnf4 ultra sataii issues

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2005 7:38:23 PM

"" wrote:
> I have the VNF4 Ultra with an X2 4200 - I just added two more
> (for a
> total of 4) sata drives. These are sataII 250 GB in a raid 0
> config. Now
> the computer is acting really weird. It will reboot if I try
> to run a
> sandra bench mark on the raid array. It will reboot if I try
> to run
> anything that uses the raid array as a temp drive. Now it
> seems it just
> reboots at random places. I don't think it's power since I
> have Tagan
> E-power 480 watt PS..unless I need more juice than that???

the psu should be more than adequate.

maybe you can find some inspiration here.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/sat-jul-09-2005-909-am-...

ud

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-vnf4-Ultra-sata...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=304312
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 15, 2005 6:43:19 PM

uddarts wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > I have the VNF4 Ultra with an X2 4200 - I just added two more
> > (for a
> > total of 4) sata drives. These are sataII 250 GB in a raid 0
> > config. Now
> > the computer is acting really weird. It will reboot if I try
> > to run a
> > sandra bench mark on the raid array. It will reboot if I try
> > to run
> > anything that uses the raid array as a temp drive. Now it
> > seems it just
> > reboots at random places. I don't think it's power since I
> > have Tagan
> > E-power 480 watt PS..unless I need more juice than that???
>
> the psu should be more than adequate.
>
> maybe you can find some inspiration here.
>
> http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/sat-jul-09-2005-909-am-...
>
> ud

Fixed that - it was a driver issue - and you know what - with the
hitachi sataII you have to use their tool to set the drive to sata II
comes set at Sata 150 from factory : 0 jeeze!
!