Newbie Q - Sorry

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Hi there!

I am using a Chaintech 7NJS Ultra EZ mobo. I have recently changed my case
and in the process of moving everything across I decided to lose one of my
CD Rom drives.

Now all I am trying to use is a phillips DVD RW drive.

I have changed the jumper setting on the drive to master and used the middle
socket on the IDE cable and plugged the power on.

The PC is not finding the drive........ are there any jumper settings on the
mobo that I need to change?

Can anyone suggest any other possible problem?

Thanks

DanStanDaMan

"" wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I am using a Chaintech 7NJS Ultra EZ mobo. I have recently
> changed my case
> and in the process of moving everything across I decided to
> lose one of my
> CD Rom drives.
>
> Now all I am trying to use is a phillips DVD RW drive.
>
> I have changed the jumper setting on the drive to master and
> used the middle
> socket on the IDE cable and plugged the power on.
>
> The PC is not finding the drive........ are there any jumper
> settings on the
> mobo that I need to change?
>
> Can anyone suggest any other possible problem?
>

> Thanks
>
> DanStanDaMan

newbie question, huh! it’s a good one.

go into the bios/integrated peripherals/ide functions/ are set to auto
detect. try swapping the hard drive and rom cables. try jumpering the
rom drive to cable select(cs). find the cdrom again. :D

ud

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Chaintech-Newbie-ftopict60387.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=305113