D: is not accessible Incorrect Function

I have been unable to access my DVD (d drive) and CDRW (e
drive). When I try to access either drive through My
Computer, I get the message D:\ is not accessible.
Incorrect Function.

I have replaced the DVD with a CD rom but I still get the
message. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or
software problem? I would like to try and narrow down
the possibilities before I start spending money on
repairs. Auto Run does not work. I have tried to repair
it. Interestingly enough, the D and E drives will work
if my digital camera (Fuji 330) is connected to the
computer.
1 answer Last reply
More about accessible incorrect function

    One possibility if you're using Easy CD Creator :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315350

    "Lisa N." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been unable to access my DVD (d drive) and CDRW (e
    > drive). When I try to access either drive through My
    > Computer, I get the message D:\ is not accessible.
    > Incorrect Function.
    >
    > I have replaced the DVD with a CD rom but I still get the
    > message. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or
    > software problem? I would like to try and narrow down
    > the possibilities before I start spending money on
    > repairs. Auto Run does not work. I have tried to repair
    > it. Interestingly enough, the D and E drives will work
    > if my digital camera (Fuji 330) is connected to the
    > computer.

Hardware Windows XP