D: is not accessible Incorrect Function

September 26, 2004 8:06:53 PM

I have been unable to access my DVD (d drive) and CDRW (e
drive). When I try to access either drive through My
Computer, I get the message D:\ is not accessible.
Incorrect Function.

I have replaced the DVD with a CD rom but I still get the
message. Does anyone know if this is a hardware or
software problem? I would like to try and narrow down
the possibilities before I start spending money on
repairs. Auto Run does not work. I have tried to repair
it. Interestingly enough, the D and E drives will work
if my digital camera (Fuji 330) is connected to the
computer.
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 12:37:08 AM

One possibility if you're using Easy CD Creator :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315350

!