PS/2 k/b and mouse not responding on 7NJL6

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 7, 2005 10:55:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Ok here's a puzzler. CT support was clueless on this one
but perhaps....

I have latest BIOS on my 7NJL6. When I power up my system,
PS/2 k/b works fine since I can press the Del key and go into
BIOS, navigate BIOS, etc. So I know the k/b works. However,
when I get to the Win2k Login, neither my k/b nor mouse
responds to key clicks or mouse clicks respectively. Now if
I reset the system by pushing the reset button, again k/b
works in BIOS, when I get to the Win2k login, k/b and mouse
WORK! So is the case on every subsequent Win2k restart.
This happens EVERY TIME after power up ONLY. Any clues?

I already have an RMA# but I want to solve it first.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

More about : mouse responding 7njl6

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2005 8:34:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

USB keyboard & or mouse?
Double check the jumper on the mobo for its position.
Also make sure you've plugged in to the correct sockets. I
accidentally plugged my mouse into the keyboard socket because the
color matched.
Weirdly it worked most of the time when the usb kbd and mouse were
installed.
September 9, 2005 9:34:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Neither - PS/2 as the title says.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

"nthums1" <nthums1@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> USB keyboard & or mouse?
> Double check the jumper on the mobo for its position.
> Also make sure you've plugged in to the correct sockets. I
> accidentally plugged my mouse into the keyboard socket because the
> color matched.
> Weirdly it worked most of the time when the usb kbd and mouse were
> installed.

Related resources
September 10, 2005 3:36:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Reads like a bad vxd. Clean install of 2k?
September 11, 2005 2:01:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.chaintech (More info?)

Yep I did this before even reading your post and it seems to work now.
You were right though. Thanks.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA