Desktop Won't Boot Up

Here is my problem, a problem I've had before. Booting up
my PC all of the accessories (modem keyboard mouse etc)
load up correctly. However my Desktop doesn't load up, it
stays on the Windows 98 Logo screen that appears just
before the Desktop.

I've had this prob before and was resolved by taking back
to the shop where I got it from and they deleted the
Graphics card driver/programme in safe mode, when the
machine was rebooted the PC asks for you to insert the
Graphics card disk to re-install the program/driver.

I've tried deleting the graphics driver in safe mode and
selecting Add/Remove programme but it will not delete the
driver.

What should I do?
Should I deleted the driver through Device Manager and
Display Adpaters? In safe mode
How do I re-install the graphics card driver/programme
through the Boot up process?

I'm looking to save money here

Thanks
Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop boot

    "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Here is my problem, a problem I've had before. Booting up
    > my PC all of the accessories (modem keyboard mouse etc)
    > load up correctly. However my Desktop doesn't load up, it
    > stays on the Windows 98 Logo screen that appears just
    > before the Desktop.
    >
    > I've had this prob before and was resolved by taking back
    > to the shop where I got it from and they deleted the
    > Graphics card driver/programme in safe mode, when the
    > machine was rebooted the PC asks for you to insert the
    > Graphics card disk to re-install the program/driver.
    >
    > I've tried deleting the graphics driver in safe mode and
    > selecting Add/Remove programme but it will not delete the
    > driver.
    >
    > What should I do?

    An excellent starting point would be to post your question
    in a Windows 98 newsgroup.

Desktops Graphics Cards Windows XP