fred

I'm getting a "disk error has occurred" message in the bios on a k7s5a
I built for my daughter. It's a WD and the WD utilities say it's fine.

I've connected the drive to another k7s5a and it "reports file or
directory is corrupted or unreadable."

Is there any chance I can repair the drive? Not too concerned with the
data, but I'd like to keep the XP install as I can't get to my install
CD until Monday. Will anything clone the good drive to the problematic
one?

Any other suggestions?

On 10 Apr 2004 12:06:39 -0700 As truth resonates honesty
koalabarry@yahoo.com (Fred) wrote :

>I'm getting a "disk error has occurred" message in the bios on a k7s5a
>I built for my daughter. It's a WD and the WD utilities say it's fine.
>
>I've connected the drive to another k7s5a and it "reports file or
>directory is corrupted or unreadable."
>
>Is there any chance I can repair the drive? Not too concerned with the
>data, but I'd like to keep the XP install as I can't get to my install
>CD until Monday. Will anything clone the good drive to the problematic
>one?
>
>Any other suggestions?

Try here,
HTH :)