K7VTA3 - Cannot power up after shutdown

I have the following power problem:

After doing a normal windows shutdown (win XP) I cannot restart the
computer using the front power switch. I have to turn on and off the
power switch on the PSU(on the back of the computer) before the front
power switch becomes active again.

I am using the K7VTA3 mobo with a Athlon 2400 cpu, 512MB RAM, Radeon
9200 graphics.

The system works well otherwise. Any suggestions?

On 11 Apr 2004 17:53:18 -0700, thomas@the-ramms.com (Thomas Ramm) wrote:

>I have the following power problem:
>
>After doing a normal windows shutdown (win XP) I cannot restart the
>computer using the front power switch. I have to turn on and off the
>power switch on the PSU(on the back of the computer) before the front
>power switch becomes active again.
>
>I am using the K7VTA3 mobo with a Athlon 2400 cpu, 512MB RAM, Radeon
>9200 graphics.
>
>The system works well otherwise. Any suggestions?

I've had that happen to me twice when building systems. Once with a K7VTA3.
Did the same thing as describe above. Turned out to be the video card.