  • Microsoft
  • Bluetooth
  • Windows XP
September 27, 2004 4:12:40 PM

At our company, we are still running XP SP1 and won't be
upgrading for a while. I just purchased a new keyboard,
mouse set with a bluetooth adapter. I was really hoping
to use this with my HP Ipaq 5500. But, it requires SP2.
Is there anyother way to download just what I need in
order to make this work?

More about : microsoft keyboard bluetooth

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:59:34 PM

Availability of Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless Devices
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;323183

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Stivy" wrote:

| At our company, we are still running XP SP1 and won't be
| upgrading for a while. I just purchased a new keyboard,
| mouse set with a bluetooth adapter. I was really hoping
| to use this with my HP Ipaq 5500. But, it requires SP2.
| Is there anyother way to download just what I need in
| order to make this work?
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 10:41:08 PM

Also, if you purchased the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop for
BlueTooth, the CD will install the necessary BlueTooth support if it is
not already existing on the system. Service Pack 2 adds a new interface
that makes BlueTooth devices easier to deal with, but it is not required.

Also, be sure to try the drivers from here instead of the ones on the CD:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Down...

----
Nathan McNulty