Identify my motherboard

I am trying to find out what motherboard is in my pc.
I have been given an intel celeron 1100 processor and want to know if its
compatible with my motherboard. Currently running intel celetron 700 processor
I have never had anything to do with installing processors (or any other
hardware) so can I have a few pointers to installing processors.
Seen the install hardware icon in control panel, presume that is where I
want to be!

thanks

Lisa

Download and Install Everest Home Edition (free)
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"lisa" wrote:

| I am trying to find out what motherboard is in my pc.
| I have been given an intel celeron 1100 processor and want to know if its
| compatible with my motherboard. Currently running intel celetron 700 processor
| I have never had anything to do with installing processors (or any other
| hardware) so can I have a few pointers to installing processors.
| Seen the install hardware icon in control panel, presume that is where I
| want to be!
|
| thanks
|
| Lisa

Hello Lisa

Hi Lisa do you have your mother manual you can look in that
or go online and look up your mother type. If that fails here
is a software that you can download and run the install and it
will give you your mother board spec's

http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/

Alvin

lisa wrote:

> I am trying to find out what motherboard is in my pc.
> I have been given an intel celeron 1100 processor and want to know if its
> compatible with my motherboard. Currently running intel celetron 700 processor
> I have never had anything to do with installing processors (or any other
> hardware) so can I have a few pointers to installing processors.
> Seen the install hardware icon in control panel, presume that is where I
> want to be!
>
> thanks
>
> Lisa

dl

Install hardware icon is nothing to do with a new processor

"lisa" <lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to find out what motherboard is in my pc.
> I have been given an intel celeron 1100 processor and want to know if its
> compatible with my motherboard. Currently running intel celetron 700
processor
> I have never had anything to do with installing processors (or any other
> hardware) so can I have a few pointers to installing processors.
> Seen the install hardware icon in control panel, presume that is where I
> want to be!
>
> thanks
>
> Lisa

"lisa" <lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find out what motherboard is in my pc.

As you boot when at the black and white screen, down the bottom of the page
is a set of numbers etc. Write them down then go to http://www.wimsbios.com/
where you will find the answer.

the machine. Contact your computer help to get into the
bios. Usually it is listed there. You should be able to go
to your computer manufacturer's website and look at
specifications which will iether tell you what the machine
CAN be upgraded to and WHAT mobo is IN the machine.