System Restore Corrupt

September 27, 2004 7:37:41 PM

How do I reinstall System Restore? My SR is corrupt and
won't let me do anything. I created a restore point to
specifically test this function and it would not restore.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

More about : system restore corrupt

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 7:47:15 PM

Jeff, Kelly's should have an answer.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select S and scroll to
SysRestore.
"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I reinstall System Restore? My SR is corrupt and
> won't let me do anything. I created a restore point to
> specifically test this function and it would not restore.
> Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
September 27, 2004 10:26:17 PM

Hey Rich,

Thanks for your response. I had forgotten about this site.
I went there and unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how to
reinstall. I had this same problem earlier this year and
had an XP tech talk me through the steps to reinstall, but
I didn't write it down, and I don't feel I should have to
pay another $35 to fix the same problem again......Thanks
for your help.

Related resources
September 28, 2004 12:08:09 AM

Hi Jeff,

Go to SR and turn it off for all drives. Re-boot and turn it back on for
your OS drive/partition only, create a new restore point.

HTH, JAX

> Hey Rich,
>
> Thanks for your response. I had forgotten about this site.
> I went there and unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how to
> reinstall. I had this same problem earlier this year and
> had an XP tech talk me through the steps to reinstall, but
> I didn't write it down, and I don't feel I should have to
> pay another $35 to fix the same problem again......Thanks
> for your help.

October 4, 2004 6:56:17 AM

restore and it won't revert back to the date you picked
then you're system restore folder is corrupted.You will
have to disable system restore on all your hard drives(if
you have more than one) right click on "My Computer" and
click on"System Restore" tab, reboot and then switch it
back on again,this will clear all your previous restore
points and start again from scratch.Of course this won't
help you at the moment if you are needing to roll back to
a better working setup but at least it should help you
for the next time.
!