Should this memory work in K7S5A Pro

I just spent good money on a micron 128mb PC2700 and it doesn't work.
It is bad memory or is it the wrong type of memory for this Sis735
board?

Here is the data:
Specifications of Micron: MT4VDDT1664AG-335
Density: 128MB
Pin Count: 184-pin
Version: Unbuffered
Package: DIMM
Speed: PC2700
Configuration: 16 Meg x 64
Data Rate 333 MT/s
CAS Latency: 2.5
Votage: 2.5V
Component Config: 16 Meg x 16
ECC: Non ECC
Module Ranks Single Rank
Component Count: 4
Part Status: Production

PJ

If the memory module is fine (and the best way to know, is to put it in
another machine and see if it will post), yes it will work - albeit not at
333, but at
266 (PC2100). Some of the K7S5A's have a memory slot issue - And I'll assume
that you tried both slots - with no SDRam in the other slots. Try it with
the most relaxed memory settings - go a step further and reset your bios.
Which BIOS are you using?? GL

--
"If you say you can't, you're probably right" - Henry Ford

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:20:58 -0400, "DC6093"
<maurfyNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>If the memory module is fine (and the best way to know, is to put it in
>another machine and see if it will post), yes it will work - albeit not at
>333, but at
>266 (PC2100). Some of the K7S5A's have a memory slot issue - And I'll assume
>that you tried both slots - with no SDRam in the other slots. Try it with
>the most relaxed memory settings - go a step further and reset your bios.
>Which BIOS are you using?? GL

I gave up. Be suspicious of memory modules with only 4 chips on
them. I went to Best Buy yesterday and picked up a PNY 512mb PC2700
for $69 after rebate.

PJ