Battery # in D7S5a

Too lazy to take the battery out of the MB and reset the BIOS .
Anyone know offhand what the replacement battery # is?
K7S5a rev 3.1.
Thanks
16 answers Last reply
More about battery d7s5a
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Sorry about the D7S5a, it should have read K7S5a.

    > Too lazy to take the battery out of the MB and reset the BIOS .
    > Anyone know offhand what the replacement battery # is?
    > K7S5a rev 3.1.
    > Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
    go to the basement and look, hehe.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    | Sorry about the D7S5a, it should have read K7S5a.
    |
    | "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
    | > Too lazy to take the battery out of the MB and reset the BIOS .
    | > Anyone know offhand what the replacement battery # is?
    | > K7S5a rev 3.1.
    | > Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net says...
    <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
    <go to the basement and look, hehe.
    <
    <

    I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
    Google icon.

    Bill
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    I'm almost too lazy to replyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    :-)

    "bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    > In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net
    says...
    > <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
    > <go to the basement and look, hehe.
    > <
    > <
    >
    > I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
    > Google icon.
    >
    > Bill
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    > In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net
    says...
    > <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
    > <go to the basement and look, hehe.
    > <
    > <
    >
    > I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
    > Google icon.
    >
    > Bill

    Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and its not
    listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
    :-)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)
    @nada.com.invalid> says...
    <
    <"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    <> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net
    <says...
    <> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
    <> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
    <> <
    <> <
    <>
    <> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
    <> Google icon.
    <>
    <> Bill
    <
    <Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and its not
    <listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
    <:-)
    <
    <
    <

    cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll probably work.
    No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.

    Bill
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    I tend to agree, my gray matter was a but like pudding earlier, cr2032
    sounds like the right battery.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    | In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo"
    <eric(nospam)
    | @nada.com.invalid> says...
    | <
    | <"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    | <> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    me@privacy.net
    | <says...
    | <> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too
    lazy to
    | <> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
    | <> <
    | <> <
    | <>
    | <> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
    | <> Google icon.
    | <>
    | <> Bill
    | <
    | <Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and
    its not
    | <listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
    | <:-)
    | <
    | <
    | <
    |
    | cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
    probably work.
    | No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
    |
    | Bill
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Thanks for the replies.

    "Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > I tend to agree, my gray matter was a but like pudding earlier, cr2032
    > sounds like the right battery.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Kyle
    > "bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    > | In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo"
    > <eric(nospam)
    > | @nada.com.invalid> says...
    > | <
    > | <"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    > | <> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    > me@privacy.net
    > | <says...
    > | <> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too
    > lazy to
    > | <> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
    > | <> <
    > | <> <
    > | <>
    > | <> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
    > | <> Google icon.
    > | <>
    > | <> Bill
    > | <
    > | <Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and
    > its not
    > | <listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
    > | <:-)
    > | <
    > | <
    > | <
    > |
    > | cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
    > probably work.
    > | No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
    > |
    > | Bill

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "bill" > cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
    probably work.
    > No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
    >
    > Bill

    Yep, that was the right one. I finally spent 5 min to remove the tower cover
    to see what battery was in there.
    Hell, I wasted about 20+minutes using Google.
    The battery only cost just under $2 US.
    Thanks again to all who replied. :-)
    PS: While I had the cover off, I summoned up the energy to clean the dust
    out of it. It needed a Spring Cleaning. :)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    In article <yJgkc.119$AV4.4531@attbi_s04>, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)
    @nada.com.invalid> says...
    <
    <"bill" > cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
    <probably work.
    <> No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
    <>
    <> Bill
    <
    <Yep, that was the right one. I finally spent 5 min to remove the tower cover
    <to see what battery was in there.
    <Hell, I wasted about 20+minutes using Google.
    <The battery only cost just under $2 US.
    <Thanks again to all who replied. :-)
    <PS: While I had the cover off, I summoned up the energy to clean the dust
    <out of it. It needed a Spring Cleaning. :)
    <
    <
    <

    Buy 2. They're cheap. You'll have a spare.

    A clean machine runs faster.

    Bill
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "bill" > A clean machine runs faster.

    > Bill

    And it sounds happier. :-)
  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT, "Buffalo"
    <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:

    >Thanks for the replies.

    Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
    IS CR 2032.

    >"Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    >> I tend to agree, my gray matter was a but like pudding earlier, cr2032
    >> sounds like the right battery.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best regards,
    >> Kyle
    >> "bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    >> | In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo"
    >> <eric(nospam)
    >> | @nada.com.invalid> says...
    >> | <
    >> | <"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
    >> | <> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    >> me@privacy.net
    >> | <says...
    >> | <> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too
    >> lazy to
    >> | <> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
    >> | <> <
    >> | <> <
    >> | <>
    >> | <> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
    >> | <> Google icon.
    >> | <>
    >> | <> Bill
    >> | <
    >> | <Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and
    >> its not
    >> | <listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
    >> | <:-)
    >> | <
    >> | <
    >> | <
    >> |
    >> | cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
    >> probably work.
    >> | No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
    >> |
    >> | Bill

  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "flipper" <flipper@fish.net> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT, "Buffalo"
    > <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks for the replies.
    >
    > Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
    > IS CR 2032.

    Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery. It
    can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
    What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    This is what I found about the 2023 battery:

    " 3 volts, lithium, 230 mAh, Height: 3.2 mm, Diameter: 20 mm - Cross
    reference to: Duracell - DL 2032, Ucar - CR 2032, Ray-O-Vac - CR 2032,
    Others - DL 2032, LF-1/2V, IEC - CR 2032 "

    >Buffalo,
    > Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery. It
    > can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
    > What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)
  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Sat, 01 May 2004 00:48:39 GMT, "Buffalo"
    <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:

    >"flipper" <flipper@fish.net> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT, "Buffalo"
    >> <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Thanks for the replies.
    >>
    >> Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
    >> IS CR 2032.
    >
    >Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery. It
    >can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
    >What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)

    Duracell lists that, DL2032, as 'their' model number equivalent to IEC
    CR 2032 (and ANSI 5004LC).

    http://www.duracell.com/oem/primary/lithium/dl2032.asp
  16. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Thanks for the link.

    > On Sat, 01 May 2004 00:48:39 GMT, "Buffalo"
    > <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:
    >

    > >"flipper" <flipper@fish.net> wrote in message

    > >> Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
    > >> IS CR 2032.
    > >
    > >Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery.
    It
    > >can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
    > >What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)
    > >

    > Duracell lists that, DL2032, as 'their' model number equivalent to IEC
    > CR 2032 (and ANSI 5004LC).
    >
    > http://www.duracell.com/oem/primary/lithium/dl2032.asp

Elitegroup Battery BIOS Motherboards