Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Battery # in D7S5a

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 12:41:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

Too lazy to take the battery out of the MB and reset the BIOS .
Anyone know offhand what the replacement battery # is?
K7S5a rev 3.1.
Thanks

More about : battery d7s5a

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 12:48:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

Sorry about the D7S5a, it should have read K7S5a.

"Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:KFUjc.39350$cF6.1710173@attbi_s04...
> Too lazy to take the battery out of the MB and reset the BIOS .
> Anyone know offhand what the replacement battery # is?
> K7S5a rev 3.1.
> Thanks
>
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 12:48:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
go to the basement and look, hehe.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:zMUjc.39393$cF6.1710693@attbi_s04...
| Sorry about the D7S5a, it should have read K7S5a.
|
| "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
| news:KFUjc.39350$cF6.1710173@attbi_s04...
| > Too lazy to take the battery out of the MB and reset the BIOS .
| > Anyone know offhand what the replacement battery # is?
| > K7S5a rev 3.1.
| > Thanks
| >
| >
|
|
Related resources
April 29, 2004 12:48:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net says...
<Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
<go to the basement and look, hehe.
<
<

I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
Google icon.

Bill
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 3:12:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

I'm almost too lazy to replyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
:-)

"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1af9d0c62b4eb1409896ce@localhost...
> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net
says...
> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
> <
> <
>
> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
> Google icon.
>
> Bill
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 8:32:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1af9d0c62b4eb1409896ce@localhost...
> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net
says...
> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
> <
> <
>
> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
> Google icon.
>
> Bill

Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and its not
listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
:-)
April 29, 2004 8:32:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)
@nada.com.invalid> says...
<
<"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
<news:MPG.1af9d0c62b4eb1409896ce@localhost...
<> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>, me@privacy.net
<says...
<> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too lazy to
<> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
<> <
<> <
<>
<> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
<> Google icon.
<>
<> Bill
<
<Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and its not
<listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
<:-)
<
<
<

cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll probably work.
No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.

Bill
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 8:33:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

I tend to agree, my gray matter was a but like pudding earlier, cr2032
sounds like the right battery.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1afa3976fb96fe689896d0@localhost...
| In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo"
<eric(nospam)
| @nada.com.invalid> says...
| <
| <"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
| <news:MPG.1af9d0c62b4eb1409896ce@localhost...
| <> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>,
me@privacy.net
| <says...
| <> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too
lazy to
| <> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
| <> <
| <> <
| <>
| <> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
| <> Google icon.
| <>
| <> Bill
| <
| <Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and
its not
| <listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
| <:-)
| <
| <
| <
|
| cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
probably work.
| No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
|
| Bill
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2004 6:10:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

Thanks for the replies.

"Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:c6qbnd$eus3f$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de...
> I tend to agree, my gray matter was a but like pudding earlier, cr2032
> sounds like the right battery.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Kyle
> "bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1afa3976fb96fe689896d0@localhost...
> | In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo"
> <eric(nospam)
> | @nada.com.invalid> says...
> | <
> | <"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> | <news:MPG.1af9d0c62b4eb1409896ce@localhost...
> | <> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> me@privacy.net
> | <says...
> | <> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too
> lazy to
> | <> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
> | <> <
> | <> <
> | <>
> | <> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
> | <> Google icon.
> | <>
> | <> Bill
> | <
> | <Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and
> its not
> | <listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
> | <:-)
> | <
> | <
> | <
> |
> | cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
> probably work.
> | No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
> |
> | Bill
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2004 4:03:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

"bill" > cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
probably work.
> No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
>
> Bill

Yep, that was the right one. I finally spent 5 min to remove the tower cover
to see what battery was in there.
Hell, I wasted about 20+minutes using Google.
The battery only cost just under $2 US.
Thanks again to all who replied. :-)
PS: While I had the cover off, I summoned up the energy to clean the dust
out of it. It needed a Spring Cleaning. :) 
April 30, 2004 4:03:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

In article <yJgkc.119$AV4.4531@attbi_s04>, "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)
@nada.com.invalid> says...
<
<"bill" > cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
<probably work.
<> No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
<>
<> Bill
<
<Yep, that was the right one. I finally spent 5 min to remove the tower cover
<to see what battery was in there.
<Hell, I wasted about 20+minutes using Google.
<The battery only cost just under $2 US.
<Thanks again to all who replied. :-)
<PS: While I had the cover off, I summoned up the energy to clean the dust
<out of it. It needed a Spring Cleaning. :) 
<
<
<

Buy 2. They're cheap. You'll have a spare.

A clean machine runs faster.

Bill
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2004 6:46:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

"bill" > A clean machine runs faster.
>
> Bill

And it sounds happier. :-)
April 30, 2004 10:46:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT, "Buffalo"
<eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:

>Thanks for the replies.

Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
IS CR 2032.



>
>"Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>news:c6qbnd$eus3f$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de...
>> I tend to agree, my gray matter was a but like pudding earlier, cr2032
>> sounds like the right battery.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Kyle
>> "bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>> news:MPG.1afa3976fb96fe689896d0@localhost...
>> | In article <Zz%jc.42360$YP5.3161378@attbi_s02>, "Buffalo"
>> <eric(nospam)
>> | @nada.com.invalid> says...
>> | <
>> | <"bill" <spamtrap@tinlc.lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>> | <news:MPG.1af9d0c62b4eb1409896ce@localhost...
>> | <> In article <c6p887$dj27t$1@ID-57815.news.uni-berlin.de>,
>> me@privacy.net
>> | <says...
>> | <> <Does cr2063 sound familiar? I got several spares but am too
>> lazy to
>> | <> <go to the basement and look, hehe.
>> | <> <
>> | <> <
>> | <>
>> | <> I thought it was 2032, but I'm too lazy to clik and drool on my
>> | <> Google icon.
>> | <>
>> | <> Bill
>> | <
>> | <Bill, actually I did try Google for awhile (20min) with no luck and
>> its not
>> | <listed in my MB manual (at least I couldn't find it).
>> | <:-)
>> | <
>> | <
>> | <
>> |
>> | cr2032 panasonics are what I have floating around here. It'll
>> probably work.
>> | No responsiblity taken if it fries your board though.
>> |
>> | Bill
>>
>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2004 4:48:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

"flipper" <flipper@fish.net> wrote in message
news:o 9p5909ie3iijhmtf68l7cltbc4c04f0r8@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT, "Buffalo"
> <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the replies.
>
> Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
> IS CR 2032.

Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery. It
can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2004 4:53:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

This is what I found about the 2023 battery:

" 3 volts, lithium, 230 mAh, Height: 3.2 mm, Diameter: 20 mm - Cross
reference to: Duracell - DL 2032, Ucar - CR 2032, Ray-O-Vac - CR 2032,
Others - DL 2032, LF-1/2V, IEC - CR 2032 "


>Buffalo,
> Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery. It
> can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
> What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)
May 2, 2004 3:33:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

On Sat, 01 May 2004 00:48:39 GMT, "Buffalo"
<eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:

>
>"flipper" <flipper@fish.net> wrote in message
>news:o 9p5909ie3iijhmtf68l7cltbc4c04f0r8@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT, "Buffalo"
>> <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks for the replies.
>>
>> Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
>> IS CR 2032.
>
>Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery. It
>can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
>What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)
>

Duracell lists that, DL2032, as 'their' model number equivalent to IEC
CR 2032 (and ANSI 5004LC).

http://www.duracell.com/oem/primary/lithium/dl2032.asp
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 2, 2004 5:41:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

Thanks for the link.

"flipper" <flipper@fish.net> wrote in message
news:38u8905if2tfo1s1o71fis6l1bk7s00n1r@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 01 May 2004 00:48:39 GMT, "Buffalo"
> <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> >
> >"flipper" <flipper@fish.net> wrote in message
> >news:o 9p5909ie3iijhmtf68l7cltbc4c04f0r8@4ax.com...
> >> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:10:58 GMT, "Buffalo"
> >> <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Thanks for the replies.
> >>
> >> Just so there's no confusion about 'maybe', and people's memories, it
> >> IS CR 2032.
> >
> >Yes it is. I used DL 2032 instead. It is listed as a 'medical' battery.
It
> >can be used in lieu of CR 2032.
> >What's the difference? I have no idea. :-)
> >
>
> Duracell lists that, DL2032, as 'their' model number equivalent to IEC
> CR 2032 (and ANSI 5004LC).
>
> http://www.duracell.com/oem/primary/lithium/dl2032.asp
!