No sound after SP2

I have no sound, either on-board or audigy card. I
volume control, all is "greyed" out. After logon screen,
error message that sound card is not properly
installed .. have checked and is ok. In device manager,
I have a code 28 error message... MS knowledge base says
this is normal with XP, but it does not offer any
solutions. I have tried Creative Labs site and have a
request in to tech support. Any suggestions? Thank.

Go to Device Manager and uninstall it then restart your puter and it will
reload it with the correct drivers.

--
Good Day
River_Rat