Distortion on a Sony HMD-A200

G

I'm running a year and a half old Sony HMD-A200 off a crappy 3Dfx Voodoo3 16MB PCI, which is on an Intel AL440LX/Pentium II @300MHz at a resolution of 1024x768, 16bit color. Unfortunately, and this isn't a new occurance, the left side has an irregular border, i.e. it's wavy. The right side seems to be okay. Even if I change the resolution to 960x720 the left side is irregular (as opposed to straight, or pin cushioned, or tilted). Now, I am thinking that it might not be the monitor, but the vcard/computer combo, but I have no real clue.

Can anyone advise? Or should I really be posting this in the Graphics Card forum?

Your help is appreciated.

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Video cards / Computers do not cause geometric distortion on a monitor. Testing the monitor on another system running the same resolution and refresh rate is the best way to diagnose the problem. Odds are it is some sort of magnetic interference or simply a poor monitor. Running the monitor at non standard resolutions 960x720 and refresh rates can also casue this problem. Run the monitor at the manufactuers recommended resolution and refresh rate.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com

Jim at http://www.monitorsdirect.com