Concord Eye Duo LCD Access problem from Win XP

Does anyone know if there is something I am missing here.
Trying yo retrieve pictures from my digital camera.
i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Concord software.
All regular sevices are running.
When accessing the camera all that you can do is take a picture.
There are pictures on the camera.
The OS is seeign the camera, etc, etc.....
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
PD

Not sure about that specific camera, but on mine there is a "Take Photo
Mode" and a "View Photo Mode". These modes I am talking about are when
you have the camera out in the woods taking pictures (not when connected
to the computer). You should not need software to connect the camera to
the computer. Instead, you should set it to the View Photo Mode, plug
it into the computer, and XP should automatically recognize it and put
it in My Computer as a Removable Disk.

----
Nathan McNulty

P wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is something I am missing here.
> Trying yo retrieve pictures from my digital camera.
> i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Concord software.
> All regular sevices are running.
> When accessing the camera all that you can do is take a picture.
> There are pictures on the camera.
> The OS is seeign the camera, etc, etc.....
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for the reply,
I tried that and the camera does not appear in My Computer at all. When I
removed all related drivers and software and rebooted. Then plugged in the
camera the found new hardware wizard installs drivers. It is then visible
in My Computer. Trying to explore in or open it windows reports no pictures
found.
No new drivers are available. Thought maybe it was a firewall issue
thinking it was running a local server or something but shutting down the
firwall made no difference. The only thing that I find strange is that it did
work once, My friend managed to get it going somehow, he doesn't know now.
Also the camera appears as "Concord EyeQ Duo LCD USB Video Capture V1.00 #2"
Notice the "#2". So I'm thing there are 2 instances of the device loaded,
but I can't find any other instances.
Do you know any other places to find acive devices other than Hardware
Manager ?

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Not sure about that specific camera, but on mine there is a "Take Photo
> Mode" and a "View Photo Mode". These modes I am talking about are when
> you have the camera out in the woods taking pictures (not when connected
> to the computer). You should not need software to connect the camera to
> the computer. Instead, you should set it to the View Photo Mode, plug
> it into the computer, and XP should automatically recognize it and put
> it in My Computer as a Removable Disk.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> P wrote:
> > Does anyone know if there is something I am missing here.
> > Trying yo retrieve pictures from my digital camera.
> > i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Concord software.
> > All regular sevices are running.
> > When accessing the camera all that you can do is take a picture.
> > There are pictures on the camera.
> > The OS is seeign the camera, etc, etc.....

Well, good news first is that the #2 just means that XP has installed
that device twice. This can happen if you removed the device from
Device Manager and then reinstalled it or if you installed the
software/drivers twice. It does not mean that there are 2 instances of
the device loaded and should not cause any problems. You can manually
change what it says in the registry, but that is more work than it's worth.

As for getting it to show pictures, are there actually pictures on the
camera? Take some pictures, when you connect it, XP should show the
camrea as a removable disk in My Computer. You should be able to browse
in there and find the pictures.

----
Nathan McNulty

P wrote:
> Hey Nathan,
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> I tried that and the camera does not appear in My Computer at all. When I
> removed all related drivers and software and rebooted. Then plugged in the
> camera the found new hardware wizard installs drivers. It is then visible
> in My Computer. Trying to explore in or open it windows reports no pictures
> found.
> No new drivers are available. Thought maybe it was a firewall issue
> thinking it was running a local server or something but shutting down the
> firwall made no difference. The only thing that I find strange is that it did
> work once, My friend managed to get it going somehow, he doesn't know now.
> Also the camera appears as "Concord EyeQ Duo LCD USB Video Capture V1.00 #2"
> Notice the "#2". So I'm thing there are 2 instances of the device loaded,
> but I can't find any other instances.
> Do you know any other places to find acive devices other than Hardware
> Manager ?
>
> "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>

>>Not sure about that specific camera, but on mine there is a "Take Photo
>>Mode" and a "View Photo Mode". These modes I am talking about are when
>>you have the camera out in the woods taking pictures (not when connected
>>to the computer). You should not need software to connect the camera to
>>the computer. Instead, you should set it to the View Photo Mode, plug
>>it into the computer, and XP should automatically recognize it and put
>>it in My Computer as a Removable Disk.
>>
>>----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>

>>P wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know if there is something I am missing here.
>>>Trying yo retrieve pictures from my digital camera.
>>>i have uninstalled and reinstalled the Concord software.
>>>All regular sevices are running.
>>>When accessing the camera all that you can do is take a picture.
>>>There are pictures on the camera.
>>>The OS is seeign the camera, etc, etc.....
>>>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey Nathan,
Thanks for that info on the #2 thing. LOL
There are pictures on the camera, in fact it is full, I want all the
pictures. Perhaps that is the problem... the camera memory is full ?
As far as taking a picture through win xp.. which you didn't say but you
made me think of that,...tried that but only a blank image gets stored
locally.
Good one eh !