L7VTA Ver. 1.0

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my system with Amd 2800k+ but it runs only on
default. (cpu clock 133, dimm clock 133) I have memory from Elixir 512
Mb PC 3200 (400 Mhz). If I try FSB 165 and dimm clock 166 I get no
screen (black). I must do the reset jumper for default values. My OP is
Win XP Home and my Bios: Award Ver. 6.00 PG 02/18/2003. I have now 1666
MHz and the cpu is shown by AIDA as Athlon 2200+. The system is stable
but I think it can run faster. What must I do?

cu Helmut

Fum0ffu

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Hi!

I've just recently upgraded from an AthlonXP 1600Ghz to a Sempron Socket A 2400+. I think I got the same problem, I can only use 133MHz FSB, if I try 200, when I boot WinXP Pro, it loads--until I click start and point to a menu, or any resource-intensive app, then it crashes. I mean black screen only, didn't reset, display off, hard drive still spinning (i guess, since I can hear it). Same thing happens even in safe mode. I upgraded the BIOS to 1.7j, but I don't thing anything changed, just that it now displays Sempron 2400+ on the BIOS startup screen. Now, if I go back to 133MHz bus, it runs perfectly, which is why I'm able to use it right now.

What I need to know, I think, is how can I get the CPU to run 2400+ stable? Which configs should I change on the BIOS/jumpers? Should I change voltage, and if so, how? I've read almost everywhere that the L7VTA supports Sempron, so it's gotta work, shouldn't it?

And no, I can't replace the board. It's the best solution I have for a firewire-supporting board, and I need firewire without getting a card.

Help truly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Connrad

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
I don't know how I can help you, but I have the same mainboard...I don't know if it is 1.0, but it's an L7VTA.
If I'm not mistaken, in the manual, it is said "supports processor up to Athlon XP 2600+".Anyways, the FSB of your new proc is 333, wich is the maximum freq for the mainboard's FSB.so leave it to 166.

If you don't find any use in what I said, forget this, but I have a question... Are U satisfied with your Elixir memory? Does it have NAnya Chipset?..Because I have considered buying some...I heard there are pretty good..

Bye

Connrad

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
I don't know how I can help you, but I have the same mainboard...I don't know if it is 1.0, but it's an L7VTA.
If I'm not mistaken, in the manual, it is said "supports processor up to Athlon XP 2600+".Anyways, the FSB of your new proc is 333, wich is the maximum freq for the mainboard's FSB.so leave it to 166.

If you don't find any use in what I said, forget this, but I have a question... Are U satisfied with your Elixir memory? Does it have NAnya Chipset?..Because I have considered buying some...I heard there are pretty good..

Bye

TRENDING THREADS